On this day in 2005, Hurricane Katrina, with 145 mph winds and flooding covering 80% of the city, devastated New Orleans. Interestingly enough, some say New Orleans is on the rebound? Hope it’s not the same track for ‘rebound’ our economy is trekking.
- Does he receive from dead people? – Bob Barr responds to allegations, sans cowboy hat.
- Emory pays out to the government over false Medicare claims.
- Columbus School Board drama continues: a completed GBI probe with full reports sent to the Attorney General.
- Congressman Doug Collins is pretty ticked off over President Obama’s actions regarding Syria.
- Only 116 members of Congress are on board with that whole Congress has to declare war thing.
- Missouri looking to the test the waters of federal law nullification over gun rights.
- I guess a little love doesn’t go a long way. Prostitution takes a hit in the recession.
- As National Sandwich Month wraps up, HuffPost rates the best sandwiches from every state across the country.
- Gold rush: Syria style.
- Cars without drivers: coming soon. But don’t take them to D.C. Apparently they have the worst drivers in the US.