“Are you breathing?” is now a legitimate point of interest for a football team, since Georgia State enters its first year in FBS play…There might not be a win on the schedule, and that includes Samford. I don’t always watch football for the right reasons, and taking an interest in Georgia State in 2013 is downright evil.
“I’m also still going to watch, because you wouldn’t be watching college football if a small part of you didn’t crave at least a little evil. (And the very definition of evil is West Virginia getting to play Georgia State for 60 minutes of American football.)”
#Unstoppable #AllBlueAllIn #WireToWireNumber1
50 years ago today, the “March on Washington” took place. So much has changed for the better and so much has just changed.
- John Lewis, the last surviving speaker of the event, talked to Dennis O’Hayer regarding his experience with the demonstration. Nan Orrock, who also was in DC, talked to WABE about the day.
- Who will be the heirs of the Civil Rights Movement?
- “The Audacious Pragmatist” a profile of the world’s second-most influential Georgia Peach, Ben Bernanke. (Your intrepid correspondent is first.
- 2014 Georgia primary to be the earliest ever.
- Warren Hill case heads to state Supreme Court.
- A map showing the racial makeup of every American from the 2010 census. Go check out Georgia!
- Georgia is the most expensive state to drive in.
- Tom Glavine’s house is for sale. It’s the Platonic Form of a McMansion.
- The New York Times has a three-part series (1,2,3) about ESPN’s
vicegrip controlinfluence over college football. It’s an excellent read. Mark Bradley gives context why it is important. (And he has a funny caption.)
- Where can I find the best muscadines? This year’s crop has been good so far.
- The quote at the top comes from the 25 most interesting college football teams this year. Georgia State is the lone Georgia representative.