Happening on this day in 1992 was the siege at Ruby Ridge, which sparked from a long standoff between federal agents and the Weaver family. Preempting the siege was the death of a federal Marshal, a Weaver child and a canine. The family later sued the FBI and the Marshal’s for $3.1 million.
- Andrea Sneiderman wants a new trial. I’m beginning to think she just likes the inside of the courtroom.
- Another guy hops on board in the 11th.
- Will there be a 3rd Republican name for Georgia Governor? This guy thinks maybe, possibly, probably so.
- Special tax districts in Savannah? Why not.
- Deal seeking to “un-adopt” particulars of Common Core. In some places, we call that flip-flopping. More on this (from me) later this morning.
- $9 billion in subsidies for the poor under Obamacare? “I’m so shocked!”, said no one ever.
- Al Gore (hot as) hell bent on stopping global warming.
- The 30 richest members of Congress.
- Charges on the way for financial crisis contributors?
- Only 5% of grads are fully ready for life after high school.
- Two states are suing the feds over state voting laws and proof of citizenship.
- Dr. Phil, sex and teenagers in a deleted tweet.
- Blurred Lines and Filner. Sexual Harassment. Please resign. #heyheyhey
- I’ve always said criminals are smart. This proves it so. And I love it.