Sorry for being off my game the past few weeks and delivering merely exceptional Morning Reads. I’m getting back to delivering great ones now (I blame summer doldrums).
Forget where I read/saw it over the weekend but Atlanta has had 11 inches of surplus rain this summer. If I had wanted to live in Seattle I’d have moved to Seattle. CNN had a story on yesterday that crops throughout the SEUS have been ruined due to the rain. Unfortunately I can’t find it online.
On Saturday, the Atlanta Bonsai Society holds its annual auction. It is a cheap and good way to begin practicing the noble art of bonsai and contribute to world peace.
Antonio Carlos Jobim with “Lamento.” Wave has what is easily the greatest album cover art of all time. On this there can be no debate.
- AJC’s wrapup of yesterday’s elementary school shooting.
- Atlanta’s home price recovery in one chart.
- The most important part of Georgia–Atlanta–added 40,100 new residents.
- Georgia’s death penalty drugs may “lack the proper quality control.” Uh….
- Tech’s new MOOC is featured in the New York Times.
- Fulton may cut arts funding.
- The race for Atlanta City Council Post-3 At-Large seat will be the race to watch this fall.
- Georgia is the 20th-most obese state in the country. Come on, Peaches do better! Supersize your lunch order today!
- Basically, Zoo Atlanta is saving the African Black Rhino.
- APD looking to swell its ranks of the Citizen Police Academy. I get what its supposed to do and they aren’t “real” cops but it still seems…creepy to me. And I’m sure in light of a recent Florida court case it’ll be harder to find citizen deputies.
- Valdosta State ranked number one in D-II gridiron.
- Make this–that is if your eggplants are growing.