Morning Reads–Reclaiming Greatness

Robinson Cano is not impressed with my excuse.
Sorry for being off my game the past few weeks and delivering merely exceptional Morning Reads. I’m getting back to delivering great ones now (I blame summer doldrums).
Forget where I read/saw it over the weekend but Atlanta has had 11 inches of surplus rain this summer. If I had wanted to live in Seattle I’d have moved to Seattle. CNN had a story on yesterday that crops throughout the SEUS have been ruined due to the rain. Unfortunately I can’t find it online.

On Saturday, the Atlanta Bonsai Society holds its annual auction. It is a cheap and good way to begin practicing the noble art of bonsai and contribute to world peace.

Antonio Carlos Jobim with “Lamento.” Wave has what is easily the greatest album cover art of all time. On this there can be no debate.

1. Nathan says:

Alright, to clear up the misconception that Seattle is the King of Rain, Seattle has an average rainfall of about 37 inches. Atlanta has an average of about 50 inches. Of course, Seattle does have a higher number of days with precipitation and fewer hours of sunshine, so there’s that….

• MattMD says:

Correct, Seattle has a much higher percentage of overcast days, basically from October to May. If the sun comes out it’s called a “sun break”. Also the rain is often more like a mist, it’s not the soaking rains we get around the south.

The summers are beautiful out there.

• drjay says:

alas, in this specific instance as well, but i didn’t want to seem rude–the morning reads are great, obviously, but the gif does lessen my enjoyment of them

• Ed says:

Dear drjay,

Thank you for your concern. We take all suggestions seriously and will take them into consideration for the next edition.

Sincerely yours,
          Ed

• Lawton Sack says:

I enjoy animated gifs. I found this one enjoyable as well. That’s what makes America so great. We can like different things and still enjoy the company of others. I will just need to remember not to send animated gif links to Dr. Jay.

2. Dave Bearse says:

It’s the rain, not the doldrums.

Last week’s GOP lesson in science and technology: “[I]f you believe in God, then intellectually you cannot believe in manmade global warming. You must be either agnostic or atheistic to believe that man controls something that he can’t create.” Rush Limbaugh, GOP National Chairman (titular)

Fits right in with some conservatives lack of concern about protecting endangered species or anything else in the natural environment.

3. Michael Silver says:

The Citizens Police Academy is an excellent way to learn about everything the PoPo do. The cool thing about it is that they’ll answer every question you ask. Its well worth your time and an awesome experience.