Just so everyone knows: we have had more precipitation and more rainy days in the past 30 days than London, England has had this summer.
Tomorrow is a Holy Day of Obligation for you Papists.
Hello…… Carol. (A prize will be awarded to the first person who gets that reference.)
- Get you some BBQ on Monday with the PP crew. This will be my fourth BBQ dinner in 10 days.
- Errol Davis delivers his final State of the Schools speech.
- Kathleen Sebelius spars with Ralph Hudgens over Obamacare.
- Speaking to WABE, Sally Yates explains how the new federal drug crime sentencing policy impacts Georgia.
- Guess who was Stephen Colbert’s special guest last night? Congressman John Lewis discussing 50-year anniversary of the March on Washington.
- Our very own mayor, Kasim Reed, is on the cover of Delta’s Sky Magazine discussing the legacy of MLK and the Civil Rights Movement.
- Paula Deen wins racial discrimination case but she’s “done” according to PR experts. This case is a perfect distillation of everything wrong in America right now.
- Three Georgia towns on Money Magazine‘s “Best Places to Live” list for 2013. Suwanee is top ranked at 33.
- Georgia Tech #16, UGA #2 in this college football ranking. (FSU, natch, is #1).
- The Optimist named America’s seventh best new restaurant by Bon Appetit.
- The decline of Don King. His story matches boxing’s peak and precipitous fall in the U.S.