Hey guys. The Powerball is north of $425 mill. Please don’t pick numbers 2, 7, 15, 33, 39, 41 and 20. Don’t wanna split the pot with any of you.
Atlanta’s pint-sized terrors are heading back to school today. Thank god.
UPDATE! via GriftDrift, Dave Weigel of Slate breaks down the GA Sen poll and says this of Michelle Nunn: “So far she’s good at dodging questions. That’s important!” Have that fit in to your MSM
conspiracy narrative however you can.
- Yemen foils “audacious” AQAP plot.
- A study from Bankrate.com finds Georiga’s home closing prices are up, another sign of a housing recovery in Atlanta.
- Flood warning for Pickens, Gilmer counties.
- #ProudNAHSAlum The new site for my alma mater is expensive and features among other things, a rifle range. Go Warriors.
- GriftDrift breaks down what everyone can like about that new #GASen poll.
- The latest in Jim Burress’ interesting feature on Tech’s Project ENGAGE.
- Writing in Flagpole, Blake Aued reacts to UGA being the 11th-best party school. He says today’s Dawgs just aren’t trying hard enough. MAN UP.
- One of the most esteemed Georgia Peaches, Newt Gingrich, said he is “rethinking” his neoconservative philosophy.
- Surprise surprise… First “College Gameday” for this year will be at the UGA vs. Clemson game. This is a good rivalry that should be played more, IMO. College football is not better now that so many rivalries are getting left behind.
- Luna Rossa Challenge wins first semi-final in Louis Vuitton Cup. Have fun losing to Emirates New Zealand.
- An elegy for Dick Trickle, one of my two favorite NASCAR drivers.
- The NSA knows “much more than you think.” #awesome
- By good produce, treat it simply. There’s your cooking talk for the week.