Welcome, August! On this day in 1836, Colorado became state #38. Also on this day in 1950, Guam territory was established. The actual size of Guam was not known which later led some folks to believe the island may actually tip over.
- A former CFO from Walton Regional Medical Center said he discovered contracts detailing recruitment of pregnant ‘undocumented immigrants’ who received healthcare at the cost of Medicare and Medicaid.
- Those crazy, tin foil hat people in Cobb who get all their news from the internet are standing their ground with Agenda 21. ::eye roll::
- Aetna and Coventry Health will not offer plans in the Georgia healthcare exchange next year.
- Atlanta is racist and stuff.
- White Student Union coming to Georgia State University. See previous bullet.
- In an absolutely horrifying development, George Zimmerman was stopped for speeding in Texas.
- From CNN Money: “Congress OKs cheaper student loans“. Cheaper for students? Yes. Cheaper for America? Who cares.
- Libertarians climbing the ladder while GOP battles fights from within?
- Newtown, CT gun permit numbers skyrocket in 2013.
- Hawaii plans to cut costs and deport homeless by offering a one-way ticket to the mainland.
- 35 Signs You Grew Up in Atlanta
- Vogue says it’s now okay to wear Birkenstocks. I’m letting you know that it’s still not okay.
- And, I do hope A-Rod is slapped with a lifetime ban.
- Today’s Liberty drum plays the tune of my graduation tomorrow from the University of Georgia’s MPA program. That is pure, unadulterated liberty.
- And this, because people will read it, become angry and then move right along.