Hello to all my loyal readers. And if you aren’t a loyal reader, just wait. You’ll become one.
On this day in 1988, God said: “what fury hath I unleashed onto the world?”
Has anyone been able to get ripe fruit from their tomatoes yet? Mine are about 8-9 feet tall, ton of fruit but its all green and has been for a while. Also, my eggplants are disappointing.
- Paul Krugman, no stranger to Atlanta’s urban planning, weighs in on the study that shows Atlanta’s upward mobility is worse than Detroit’s due to our sprawl.
- Atlanta home prices see double-digit jump in value.
- Schultz on Falcons’ stadium deal: “this isn’t shaping up as a great public relations venture for Blank.” Understatement ftw.
- “Aberrant practices” from UGA’s highest-paid prof. Good job to The Red & Black.
- Some Georgia farmers have lost half their watermelon crop due to the rain. The other half just isn’t good.
- Atlanta Magazine has the top 322 docs in the city. And The New York Times breaks down what it means to have healthcare rankings in the U.S.
- There’s an…interesting…discussion at Blog for Democracy over the Michelle Nunn candidacy.
- Zoo Atlanta has three new golden lion tamarins. Which is apparently some sort of animal. Also, Lun Lun’s twins are growing healthily. Baby pandas are ugly as sin.
- Three late-summer pies.