On this day in history in 1925, Hitler published Mein Kempf, in 1940, FDR was nominated for his 3rd term in office- an unprecedented event, and in 1995, Barack Obama’s Dreams of My Father was published.
- When your county misses an opportunity to save millions, some times people get upset.
- The new DeKalb CEO wants his job eliminated.
- An ethics hearing will evaluate whether or not Cherokee School Board member Kelly Marlow violated the ethics policy in requesting a SACS investigation. Meanwhile, the Mayor of Kennesaw is having a tough time playing by the rules (more ethics).
- State Representative Michael Caldwell’s highlights on the Glenn Beck program.
- Jimmy Carter says Zimmerman jury made the correct decision.
- Sometimes the best time to examine evidence in capital punishment cases is after the defendant has been executed. (cringe)
- Some say Tsaernaev on the cover of Rolling Stone is No. Big. Deal. Meanwhile, CVS and Walgreens opt out of selling this edition.
- Growing number of Americans believe that China will surpass the US as a world leader.
- In an effort that will fix absolutely nothing, some Senators are ready to reduce student loan rates. But only for this academic year.
- Will we soon be able to travel from New York to LA in 45 minutes?
- When trying to evade the police, one option is to throw a
bookchild at them.
- Imagine watching your neighbors mow their lawn at 130mph.
- Jerry Sandusky’s son wants a new last name.
- “We gone find you”: License plate scanners track (and store) your every move.
- It’s my body and I’ll be fat if I want to.
- NLRB recess appointments ruled unConstitutional, Obama suggests other choices.
- Eric Holder and the “first duty to retreat“. Some people are just obnoxious
And finally, plan on the sun shining for 4 hours today before it rains. Again.