Morning Reads — Dopest Reads

I think what Ed is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period. By a long jump. I honestly feel that because Steve has passed, you know, it’s like when Biggie passed and Jay-Z was allowed to become Jay-Z.

I’ve been connected to the most culturally important posts of the past four years, the most influential bloggers of the past ten years. You have like, Steve Jobs, Walt Disney, Henry Ford, Howard Hughes, Nicolas Ghesquière, Anna Wintour, David Stern.

I think that’s a responsibility that I have, to push possibilities, to show people: “This is the level that things could be at.” So when you get something that has the name Ed on it, it’s supposed to be pushing the furthest possibilities. I will be the leader of a company that ends up being worth billions of dollars, because I got the answers. I understand culture. I am the nucleus.

• Lea Thrace says:

Starting to think your slowness may be due to some indulgence too….

Libertarian hippie!

😀

• That’s little “l” libertarian. (I’ve joined the GOP.) And I’m not much of a hippie. But while I support decriminalization / legalization / whatever you want to call it, that stuff isn’t really my kinda thing. I prefer alcohol… and I haven’t indulged since Sunday, when I bought a bottle of the new Jim Beam “Devils Cut” and had to at least try it out. (I try to stay with American made stuff when I can – George Dickel, Jack Daniels, Makers Mark, Knob Creek, etc. though I occasionally buy the Johnnie Walkers or Crown or whatever. And most of my rums are Puerto Rican or Jamaican (Captain Morgan)… Tequila – Mexico I guess? Patron’s one of my favs, though I’m down to just Cuervo in the cabinet at the moment. 🙁 )

• Lea Thrace says:

Cool re: your official affiliation. I should have realized that considering your run last year.

On alcohol: Everything you mentioned made me cringe at the burning sensation that would come with drinking any of those liquors.

Says the almost teetotaler. 😀

• Ed says:

I think just more actual self-realization and self-belief. The longer your ‘gevity is, the more confidence you build. The idea of Ed and vanity are like, synonymous. But I’ve put myself in a lot of places where a vain person wouldn’t put themselves in. Like what’s vanity about wearing a kilt?

• Ellynn says:

Plus it’s Le Corbusier, or the short hand archibabble of ‘Corbu’. my favorate line was “Like I say, I’m a minimalist in a rapper’s body”… no Kanye…your not.

• Ed says:

Yeah, I don’t know wtf to think about Gronk anymore and Tim Tebow actually wouldn’t be a bad TE.

Also, would play in to my support of douches on teams.

• Lea Thrace says:

Isnt it INCREDIBLY coincidental that just as Tebow comes on board with NE, this stuff happens to their deep/talented TE roster…

*cough*pact with the devil*cough*

Just something to think about. 😀

(NE fans should probably be praying for Tom Brady)

• Ghost of William F Buckley says:

Thank you, Harry, for once again for showing everyone that they can no longer say, “Gee, nobody ever told me THAT might happen.” Excellent link!

“On a long enough timeline, everyone’s rate of survival drops to zero.”

• Ed says:

Every week I am going to have a “Harry’s Nugget of Wisdom” link in my MRs to highlight a shamefully overlooked link from our beacon of truth.

1. Ed clearly didn’t see David Stern whispering into the Refs ear late in the game last night. Two blown calls gave the Heat the game and made the NBA and ABC a lot of money.

Justice will prevail and LeBron will lose Thursday night.

2. Harry says:

What has happened to Peach Pundit? It’s mostly fluff these days. The signal to noise ratio has gone down significantly. Charlie, have you allowed yourself to be co-opted into less serious content? Maybe you should grab tmz-ga.com?

• Ed says:

I provide the noise and rarely post (unless you mean the comments and there is little we can do about that).

Also, it is summer… where news goes to die.

• Ghost of William F Buckley says:

I recall Charlie once chose BBQ over content and it’s all been down hill ever since….

• Harry says:

Sure, a little levity is okay, but really this junk today is way beyond the limits if you’re trying for political commentary. I don’t always agree with Eric, but at least he tried to maintain some level of political discussion. Charlie, to his credit, has brought on at least three serious front-pagers, of which a majority are liberal-Democrats with whom I don’t find much agreement, but at least they put up respectable material. But a certain one has taken it way past the limits and frankly shouldn’t be here at all. And some of you accept and play into that lower standard. As to whether Charlie or any of you care to read my attempts at serious postings, that’s up to you, but ignore at your own peril!

• Stefan says:

Harry, I really don’t think Mike Hassinger likes to be referred to as a “liberal-Democrat”. Oh wait, you mean me. Well, I personally think the Battle of Waterloo is perfectly relevant to any conversation about the Senate race.

• Harry says:

I have no problem with occasional attempts at humor, but if we want to act like a political board then the above inane comments are over the limit IMHO. We’re acting like a bunch of kids. If an adult is following this blog – say Gov. Deal or one of the other statewide pols – are the jokers really adding much of value?

• Ed says:

FWIW: I had already told someone that I realized ex-post facto that my post was too self-indulgent but… the post had already been up so can’t unring that bell.

Also, Harry, need you to start naming names.

3. Harry says:

Just to bring things back around here, my comment on Bernanke. He’s working on his legacy, and Obama is no longer the big cheese to him.