Above, today in history
Below, your Morning Reads!
- To show spelling and poker, ESPN made the viewer omniscient (Quartz)
- The Tool to make Social Security Sufficient (NYT)
- Before you comment, here’s a list of common misconceptions (Wiki)
- In China, an Empire Built by following Apple’s directions (NYT)
- Domestic Surveillance, to Obama from Bush, (Mother Jones)
- Scalia Gives Obamacare a healthy push (Bloomberg)
- Financial Scandals and the Legislation They Inspired (SecHistorical)
- How the GOP lost young voters in favor of the retired (Politico)
- On Octopus and and the eighthness of being (Boston Review)
- How the internet’s limited view makes believing from seeing (Book Forum)
- Did Hipster Tech Really Save the Obama Campaign? (Wired)
- Aging Nations Prefer Low Prices To Income Gain (Bloomberg)
- How do large rocks move themselves across the desert (Smithsonian)
- Defending the economic model McCain hopes to invert:
…-Part 1: The Cord-Cutting Fantasy. Getting only the content you want without paying for everything is a fantasy. Pay TV is socialism that works.
…-Part 2: Why TV has resisted disruption. Great content is differentiated, has high barriers to entry, and depends on networks.
…-Part 3: The Jobs TV Does. The key question is attention, not set top boxes. What jobs do we hire TV to do?
- Jack Kingston tells how to run a campaign and have money to burn (savannahnow)
- Though Paul Broun’s antics in the House should be a concern, (TheHill)
- Wonkette considers him a national treat! (Wonkette),
- Kasim Reed and Nathan Deal make each other complete (JamestownSun)
- So says the Mayor, those who move against gun control will be judged (AJC)
- Georgia Dems have a new leader, now that Berlon’s been nudged (GPB)
- Loudermilk says its Orwellian, Lindsey goes for balance on domestic spying (CherokeeTribune)
- How to improve GOP relations with women without even trying (RomeNewsTribune)
- Handel confident of grassroots springboard (NorthFulton)
- Time to put out to pasture that which we’ve long ignored (CL)