I’m back, and a quick thank you to the many thousands of you who reached out to me with requests for a speedy return. The outpouring of support was just incredible, and you are now able to proceed with your lives.
Don’t want all my MRs to keep being the best ever, eventually you will become numb to their greatness. Ergo I am doing you a favor with these just being crazy good.
On Sunday I saw “Fast & Furious 6”, the latest installment of the greatest film franchise ever. Atlanta’s own Chris “Ludacris” Bridges delivered nothing short of an Oscar-worthy performance. And June 14 can not get here soon enough omg omg omg.
- Longtime Atlanta Chamber of Commerce Prez resigning.
- An interview with the creators of “March”, a graphic novel about John Lewis’ life and the civil rights movement. My friend Andrew Aydin is writing the book. Aydin and Lewis also went on Huffington Post Live to discuss the book and America’s next civil rights movement.
- Cheating accusations against APS teachers and administrators go way back.
- Neighborhoods react to city council ruling against Cheshire Bridge Road corridor “improvement.” They’re not fans. Also, side note, calling the legislation a “radical solution” and “very targeted” really just plays into the concerns of your critics. FWIW.
- Former mayor Shirley Franklin launching a new website with an uber-original URL. She explains it here.
- Mookie Blaylock isn’t likely to snag a steal here.
- So, basically, be like Ed, support your local golf course–it’s your civic duty. (Just don’t do it before I want to play.)
- Seriously kids, just wear your life jackets.
- Macon gets an interim police chief.
- Here are pics from the 2013 Atlanta Bonsai Society spring show. A reliable source familiar with the situation informs me that griftdrift was seduced by the noble art of bonsai and is now a practitioner. He is “pretty excited about it.”
- Miguel Cabrera is a beast; Yaseil Puig is off to a roaring start; A-Rod and Braun could be in big trouble.
- It’s official: Federer is done as the game’s dominant player. Heck of a run, way too much crying like a girl.
- I must needs investigate these BBQ outposts–in the name of science.
- 20 fresh recipes for five vegetables (although the best use for zucchini is to skip it). Myself and other tomato growers are mere days away from a bountiful harvest, file this recipe.