Rick Allen Rematch In Georgia 12

June 4, 2013 7:15 am

by Charlie · 5 comments

Augusta Businessman Rick Allen, who missed the chance to run against John Barrow in a Republican Congressional runoff last year by just a few votes, has decided to give it another go.  His fellow Augusta candidate Wright McLeod – whom Allen barely nudged to get into the runoff – has publicly announced he will not run.

Lee Anderson (R-Fear the Tractor) has not yet made a decision on another challenge to Barrow, as he is no doubt still doing his studies on what the Federal Reserve actually is.

John Barrow, of course, has decided against a run for U.S. Senate and will instead be defending his Athens Savannah Augusta based Congressional seat.

Allen’s full release after the fold.

AUGUSTA, GA – Augusta businessman Rick Allen announced today that he will be a candidate for the United States Congress representing Georgia’s 12th Congressional District.

“Our citizens and our communities know how to solve problems – in fact they solve them almost as fast as Washington, D.C. creates them,” Allen said.  “We need the federal government to stay out of our way and let people help people and businesses create jobs.  Sadly John Barrow believes in the centralized, bureaucratic model of big national government.  That is out of touch with what works and out of touch with Georgia.”

“The government is financing our standard of living on the backs of our children and grandchildren,” Allen said.  “My generation has had the opportunity to live the American dream, and I want our children and grandchildren to have the same opportunity.”

Allen’s campaign also launched a new website at www.rickwallen.com a twitter feed at https://twitter.com/RickWAllenGA12

ricstewart June 4, 2013 at 8:23 am

There’s a part of me that would almost like for Lee Anderson to run again just for the entertainment value.

Charlie June 4, 2013 at 8:27 am

Hangover was hysterical.

Hangover II was a miserable pain to sit through.

You can only catch lightning in a bottle so many times.

Mike Hassinger June 4, 2013 at 8:44 am

I fear the tractor.

IndyInjun June 4, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Over this way we fear the downtown Augusta machine……this one, my friends, will turn out to be interesting to say the least.

Charlie June 4, 2013 at 11:45 am

First campaign email:

If you believe Washington needs to do less “telling” and more listening, I couldn’t agree with you more.

Every single day, businesspeople, local leaders, and everyday citizens across America and right here in Georgia’s 12th Congressional district are solving real-life problems with commonsense solutions.

In other words, our friends and neighbors are doing the exact opposite of what Washington Democrats like John Barrow are doing.

DC liberals are pushing big government, one-size-fits all “solutions” for everything that comes their way. And when it comes to things like Obamacare and government stimulus, too often the “solution” is worse than the problem it was intended to fix.

I believe we need to chart a different course. We need the federal government to stay out of our way and let people and businesses create jobs. We need to stop the government from financing our standard of living on the backs of our children and grandchildren.

If you agree, I hope to earn your support in my campaign for the 12th Congressional District!

Sincerely,

Rick Allen

Comments on this entry are closed.