Derrick Grayson To Black Democrats: “Vote For Me, A Republican.”

Derrick Grayson one of the GOP Candidates for US Senate apparently has a sizable online following, as evidenced by his lead on our completely unscientific online poll (which closes tonight at midnight by the way). He has over 15,000 subscribers to his You Tube channel and at least one of his videos has over 100,000 views. Can he translate an online following into a real world one that goes to the polls to vote for him?

Here’s his latest video, asking Black Democrats to vote for him. (Hat Tip: Catherine Bernard via Twitter.)

Discuss.

1. I’m friends with Mr. Grayson on Facebook, and I honestly can’t say I’ve been paying much attention to his campaign up until this point… but I am now. Definitely going to have to find out more about him, but I like what I just heard in this video.

2. slyram says:

That’s the best conservative talk from a Black person I have heard in a long time. He makes a lot of and his approach is better than Blacks who simply echo who other conservatives say. His guy is bringing that barber shop logic to the table; it sounds like the Black self-reliance principles of our youth.

He should be running for a House seat rather than Senate.

3. seenbetrdayz says:

Anyone who has ever met him knows he has a habit of speaking his mind frankly and not really concerned about political correctness. He’s very passionate about what he believes. Would he be the sort of representation I’d like to see in D.C.? Absolutely, without question. Is he the sort of person who is likely to make it to D.C.? Nope, unfortunately.

Agree with slyram, he needs to try for a house seat or something first. Runs that don’t succeed typically haunt prospects at future runs, and a U.S. Senate race may be biting off more than he can chew.

4. Mize1970 says:

I may not necessarily agree 100% with all his positions, but we certainly need more like him to consider running for various offices, and not just the U.S. Senate.

5. Jane says:

YouTube view counts and online polls can be riged. Waiting to see how much money he can raise.

• seenbetrdayz says:

Good point about online polls and youtube counts.

Although, I’m typically dissatisfied with politicians who raise a lot of money, for some strange reason.

• I think the going rate of money you’d expect to raise if your youtube ads have videos is about $50 for 100,000 views. Probably would be wasted on yard signs.

6. Dave Bearse says:

20 seconds into it when it was evident he was making a video while driving was all I needed to see that the guy may not be very smart.