New NRSC Ad

The NRSC has a new ad out. From what I understand there will be others in this vein.

Watch, then discuss.

1. Lawton Sack says:

Interesting. The word Republican was not spoken or used during the entire ad, except for the contribution graphic after the ad and even then it is tiny. I don’t know if they are assuming that the average voter will know who the speakers are or if this is just a teaser for the beginning of a much bigger campaign.

As a side note, I have found that people tend to have a negative connotation of something when there is a request for money at the end of an ad, email, etc. I was really hoping that there was not going to be a request for contributions at the end, but there it was.

2. jdcollens says:

I see an attempt to shed the image of “the party of no.” Will it work? I hope so – I may not agree with them on a whole lot, but the Republican Party has some good, positive ideas that they need to pursue a bit more actively. Immigration reform is a good start.

On a side note, I’m not sure I’d give that much airtime to Ted Cruz, who is among the more obstructionist of their senators.

3. Jane says:

Horrible ad. Looks like a Car ad or an ad for an Apple product. Too distant from the product the GOP or the ideas of the GOP.

4. Noway says:

With the election 18 months out this is a damn waste of money. The only person benefitting from this is the consultant doing the ad buy. Fools…

• Harry says:

If I were a Democratic mole in the NRSC tasked with the decision-making, this is exactly how and when I’d spend the money. But it’s probably not conspiratorial. The GOP is just the stupid party.

5. segafamily says:

Just to play devil’s advocate, don’t you think viewers will step back from this commercial and say, Wow, if they have to spend money on a commercial to tell me their saying Yes a lot, I’m betting they’ve been saying No a whole lot more. That was my take away, but I’m just one voter.

6. Jane says:

National GOP consultants are idiots. Have been for a while. Local consultants are usually pretty Good especially compared to national consultants who only care about soaking The party.

7. Doug Grammer says:

Point one: Not made for TV, just for internet. Horrible as a TV ad. Has some redeeming qualities as an internet ad. Unless you’ve seen it before, you aren’t sure what’s being sold and the idea is to keep you watching the entire ad so you will think about donating.

Point two: Jobs

Point three: Making a Senator from Florida sound Presidential.