Yeah, so there’s apparently a meeting of some influential people this weekend. That would be WRAS-Fest this Saturday, 6pm-12pm at the GSU Student Center. Tix are a sawbuck and support one of the best college radio stations in the country, and one of the many things that makes Atlanta great.
Congrats to all the grads of Georgia State, Emory, and whichever of the institutes of higher learning in GA that conducted commencement exercises the past few days.
- Somehow I’m willing to bet Coke’s still got their formula on lockdown. Also, FWIW, many of the ingredients used to make the cokes of yore aren’t made any more so you would likely have difficulty re-creating Coke even with a recipe.
- I read an article in Tuesday’s AJC (the dead-tree version) about Jack Kingston and his earmark record. Can’t find it online but he was the top earmarker from FY2008-10. Also, he desperately needs a new logo but that is a fact stated by me, not the paper.
- Tax payers pay $39k for Arthur Ferdinand’s whip. “Ferdinand has been the focus of criticism in the past, some of it related to an annual income that exceeds that of Gov. Nathan Deal and approaches the pay for President Barack Obama.”
- Blogging While Blue attempts to encourage Georgia Democrats–all 15 of whom are resigned to a loss in the Senate race now that Barrow is out.
- Atlanta is getting Aereo. I don’t really know what that means.
- It is now time to start looking at baseball stats and standings… The luckiest hitters of 2013 and just how much of a factor will luck play in a season? Here is one answer.
- Holder needs to go.
- Make some ramps if you can find them and freeze your rhubarb while you have it.
I’d link to more but the above are basically perfect.