Sorry guys, phoning this one in. Just going to be as good as my last Morning Reads. When I visit such god-forsaken outposts as Bujumbura, Hohot and Lawrenceville, people always ask me: “What is the greatest live jazz set ever?” I inform them that it is this one.
Governor Deal doesn’t like Fulton County, wants the state to tell the county what to do. Good idea. Let’s ignore the fact there are counties that are legitimately dysfunctional and poor stewards of tax dollars, but instead beat up on the old whipping boy when bereft of ideas. Is Fulton perfect? No but it isn’t in imminent need of the state’s direction and frankly, all my interactions with the government have been pleasant.
- Metro Atlanta better than the rest of Georgia–again. This time its the region’s schools’ CCRPI test scores.
- Alpharetta-based firm helped design new c-notes. Now I know who to thank for making my #fatstackz look pretty.
- Georgia won’t be getting a new Hyundai factory, but the company’s chairman will visit our Kia plant.
- Catherine is right, Georgia will become purple in a decade or so and waiting for demographic changes isn’t a particularly good strategy. Neither is having the best-poised candidate for an open Senate seat pass on the race, but whatever.
- Grifty the nifty also hits the nail on the head when analyzing both sides of the gun debate. Not sure about his solution. Or him.
- House speaker uses law to delay vehicular homicide case, again.
- Georgia helps show that an increase in home ownership is followed by higher unemployment.
- Inman Park totally needed this at an already super busy and congested intersection.
- Tim Hudson joins 200 Wins Club, probably the last to do so for a long time. And still nowhere near Hall of Fame caliber.
- It will now be harder to get to Pensacola, Buffalo and Memphis. And to that I say: who wanted to go to there to start with?
- You had no idea there was this much restaurant news in Atlanta this week.
- Obama adds to his god-awful resume on domestic surveillance.
- Congress now has an expert on hiking the Appalachian Trail.
- Leeks vinaigrette is a perfect dish for this time of year, or any time, really.
- Happy Easter to our Orthodox readers. Lebanese and Syrian Orthodox Christians were not celebrating.