Also, happy May Day to my fellow working men and women. Down with the capitalist fat cats!
- Atlanta home values skyrocketing.
- Georgia veteran launching fight against pension advances. While yes, the loans do seem unsavory, it’s hard to find sympathy for people who willingly enter loans then find they have to repay them, regardless of how tough the terms may be. Know what you’re getting in to.
- Gator invades Lawrenceville, Buzz has a chance to be a hero.
- GSU found to be one of the least academic, least sexy schools in the U.S. This result was only possible upon my graduation.
- OTP living becoming even more painful.
- FBI investigating Murray County water treatment facility break-in, citing possible terror concern.
- Will Karen Handel get the last laugh? “Our Feel-Good War on Breast Cancer” looks at the shameful lack of real results from breast cancer awareness campaigns, and touches on the scam known as the Susan G. Komen Foundation. (Pro tip: skip any organization that promotes “awareness.”)
- Joanthan Krohn–the 13-year-old keynote CPAC speaker from Duluth–not so conservative anymore. If a 13-year old has perfectly distilled your political philosophy, that’s probably not a good thing. And if you hail him as a bright light of your movement–also probably not a good thing.
- One of Georgia’s favorite peaches, Newt Gingrich, might be part of the re-vamped “Crossfire” and he dishes the dirt on a whole host of issues. How is he still relevant?
- Nerds at Tech working to give robots senses. Why are they giving robots the capability to take over?
- Its dividends are minimal, its price high, it hoards cash and now is selling $17b in bonds? Why would anyone buy APPL?
- Obama: Guantanamo “Needs to be closed.” Hmm, where have I heard that before? Oh, right.
- “Congress’s decision to lift the sequester was even more self-serving than you probably imagined.”
- Here are the 100 dishes in Atlanta to try before you die. Here are the supposedly 50 best restaurants in the world.
- Saveur surveys Georgian cuisine.
- If you had any doubt Yu Darvish is a #beast, look at this gif and see how dynamic his pitches are, and that they all get released at the same point. Unbelievable stuff.
- Put your money on Verrazano, Revolutionary and maybe Orb. The first Saturday in May is one of the greatest days in humanity.
Could link to like, maybe 207 more articles but I shan’t.