From a press release:
WASHINGTON – On Monday, April 29, 2013, U.S. Congressman John Barrow (GA-12) will host a health education fair in recognition of April as Minority Health Month. A wide variety of health educators, including representatives from Georgia State and Georgia Southern Universities, healthcare providers, and healthcare related vendors will be on hand with presentations, skill-building workshops, screenings, and information tables.
Presentation topics at the event will include:
- Latino Health Disparities
- How to manage diabetes
- Substance abuse
- Healthy Eating and Exercising – Improving your quality of life
- How Community Groups Can Improve Health in Rural Areas
- Children’s health in minority populations
- Wellness and Cholesterol
- Impact of breast cancer on couples and families
The event is free and open to the public.
“Bridging the Gap” Health Fair 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Springhill Suites Statesboro University Area 105 Springhill Drive Statesboro, GA