Morning Reads 4/17/2013

Happy Wednesday!

The story that just won’t die; in other news apparently writers for Forbes need not check facts. Silly little things. Why let facts get in the way when you can write a sensational story. Pardon me while I find an Obama quote and take it completely out of context.

Cash is King in Senate races and it looks like we are heading to a primary bloodbath.

College tuition is set to increase next year.

Central Georgia runners react to the Boston bombing.

152 kids died last year after DFCS had contact with them and their families. What a jarring statistic. That number is rather high.

Immigration reform may have impact on Georgia. Well, duh. I wonder what folks down in Uvalda will think?

Lights. Camera. Action. We’re getting more film studios.

While we prepare for a war to our northern border of Tennessee, giant slugs have planned an invasion of South Georgia. I personally volunteer to go fight on the Sought Georgia front. Someone order me a cord of wood and a flat bed truck full of Morton Salt. Cue the Stripes march.

Dawg Bite. Enough said. Maybe this and a new recruiter will help Tech’s chances of getting quality athletes. Or maybe Jim Donnan will hire me to defend him.

Did I miss some stories? Post them in the comments. Here’s some music. It’s appropriate.

• David C says:

Eh. If I were South Carolina Republicans I’d vote for her just to get rid of him. Let someone else responsible take the seat in a year and a half in a full turnout election. It’s not like it’s going to change control of the house. Same approach plenty of D voters in New Orleans took with Bill “Bribes in the Freezer” Jefferson a few years ago.

• Ellynn says:

A PAC posted her first attack ad on the Savannah stations yesterday on Sanford’s use of the state jet. (Savannah covers the Beaufort and Hilton Head section of the 1st district, Joe ‘You Lie’ Wilson has the riverfront.) This is the third Colbert-Busch ad in the area in two weeks. Not a Sandford ad in sight.

1. saltycracker says:

Child deaths – DFCS is overwhelmed and constrained in working with incorrigible parents and has limited options- maybe this is another case for orphanages in lieu of the premise to keep doing all we can to leave the child with sperm/egg donors.

2. saltycracker says:

The film studios story is the good news leaving out the public costs to attract them and if any particular companies were singled out.

• drjay says:

i’ve mentioned on another thread, i’m still wait and see on the studio in effingham county–it’ll be great if it happens, but i think there are still a lot of unanswered questions about the guy behind it…

3. Ron Daniels says:

I wanted to take a moment here to explain the appropriateness of “Moving Out.”

This shall likely be the last post you read from me on the frontpage of Peach Pundit. I’ve greatly enjoyed the discussions we’ve started, the arguments we’ve had, and my attempts to make South Georgia and Georgia history relevant to all of you. Of all the things I’ve done, Morning Reads has been the most entertaining.

There comes a time when one takes on too many responsibilities in life and something must fall by the wayside. And I’m not one to do something “halfway.” Consider this my goodbye and expect to see me commenting again, rather than posting articles here, soon.

• Lea Thrace says:

But but but….

Dont leave us!!!!!

You will be missed as a front pager Mr. Daniels! Welcome back to the land of reasoned commenters and trolls. 😀

• xdog says:

But Ron, you post the best music clips. (But not today. Sorry.)

I’ll miss your South Georgia perspective and I hope someone can extend your work to the sub-Macon outposts of Bainbridge, Thomasville, Valdosta, Waycross, Folkston . Thanks.