Happy Cesar Chavez’s Birthday!

Or as the rest of these United States know it, Easter! Except at Google, who, though keepers of the Cultural Zeitgeist, try to be counter-cultural at the same time. Here is their home search page (called the Google Doodle) today.

You may know that guy in the middle there as “Not Jesus or an Easter Bunny.”  It’s Cesar Chavez, a Mexican-American Civil Rights Activist and Union Leader.

The internets will be hoppin’ mad about this tomorrow, or maybe today: Daily Caller, Breitbart, etc.  Just thought you should know.

• Rick Day says:

technically he was raised a Roman Catholic. Catholics tend to focus on the poor and oppressed than ‘regular christians’.

One of many areas where I respect the Catholic faith over the Christian one. Except for the priestly kiddy diddlin’ (which happens in all denominations by power abusers BTW), they actually walk the walk.

• Rick Day says:

they sold on the Stub Hub for a pretty penny. Between them and the Red Lot pass. I pocketed about a grand. First round at the bar is on me 🙂

They were nosebleeds. Sec 351 Row 14. Some woman in Kennesaw got them.

Dome sent me an email this weekend, wanting to know if I wanted to buy some more nosebleeds. I declined. Selling those would be too much like “work”.

1. MattMD says:

Dumb post, you’re trying to create something out of nothing.

Shouldn’t you be thinking about your savior rather than what some company in Mountain View is putting on their bloody web page?

2. James says:

I was happy to see numerous references to “Zombie Jesus Day” on my Facebook page this morning. We as a country are perhaps getting just a little bit closer to not taking this stuff too seriously.

3. saltycracker says:

“But the chief priests and the elders persuaded the crowd to ask for Babbaras and to have Jesus executed.” Matt. 27:20

“Blessed are those who do not……sit in the company of mockers…”
    Psalms 1:1

Regardless of religion or opinions these are wise words few here fathom.

• Rick Day says:

can you quote some passages where thighs get smoted?

Smoting on one’s thighs is a cool part of the Story™

Jeremiah was quite an excitable young man, I read…