Good morning! Any good stories from happy hour(s) last night?? My little brother’s birthday dinner was scheduled for the exact same time as the PP Road Show. I chose the event with cake and babies – sorry I missed you guys :/
From the PP Daily (I really like this): The House of Representatives uses a legislation comparison tool that’s available to any Rep to compare side-by-side screens of what the House sent to the Senate, and what the Senate sent back. Screenshot to the right.
- Ga. lawmakers to wrap up legislative session. Add’l article of same flavor.
- From the AJC, Drama over ethics reform builds toward session’s finale. My music pick for the day. Truth: it’s a great song for running/slogging.
- Jobless Benefits Bill Close To Passage
- Barr announces he will make “a major political announcement” this morning at Adventure Outdoors. What could it be??
- Charlie informs me that John Heneghan, now Dunwoody City Councilman, was one PP’s original contributors. Here is his post of Senator Isakson giving update on Federal Budget, Healthcare, Benghazi.
- In addition to Ethics Reform, Juvie Reform, and Gun Carry, be on the lookout for these bills today:
- HB 34: Clean Energy Tax Credit Update: Expands existing tax credits.
- HB 264: MARTA Revisions: Privatizes various operations and changes the way governing board members are appointed.
- HB 318: Angel Investor Tax Credit & Invest Georgia Fund: Extends the Angel Investor Tax Credit until 2015.
- HB 371: Definition of Liquefied Natural Gas: Ties liquefied natural gas taxes to diesel fuel for sales and use tax purposes.
- HB 487: Video Poker Control Measure: Transfers oversight and enforcement of video poker machines to the Georgia Lottery Corporation.
- A transparency project on Rep. Ed Lindsey by Atlanta Unfiltered.
- Can Paul Broun win?
- Bill would create solar monopoly in Georgia. Kidd said he decided to wait until the final days of the 2013 legislative session to introduce the bill to give lawmakers until next year to study it rather than having it come under consideration this year.
- From the AP Twitter: BREAKING: Banks in Cyprus reopen for first time since March 16; limits apply on transactions. NYT article.
- U.S. Sends Stealth Bombers Over South Korea in Practice Run