- Yesterday was a big news day. There are already PP posts but here are additional links for the new Pope Francis and Gov Deal announcing his six picks for Dekalb BOE.
- And don’t forget Hassinger broke the story about Bob Barr running in CD11. He’s looking @ you, Georgia Tipsheet 😉 Thanks for the info below though.
- Gingrey’s Senate Campaign: The Stoneridge Group will oversee digital and direct mail while GOP adman Sonny Scott’s firm, Rising Tide Media Group, will manage television and radio advertising.
- Speaker Ralston gave HB 541 its 120th “yes” vote – the exact number required for it to pass.
- Lesser ethics bill gets committee approval
- Georgia’s public colleges will need permission from the regents before adding sports or changing competition levels.
- 6 Ga.-based soldiers killed in Afghanistan
- Chill bump article: Cobb 911 operators recognized for rescuing woman from assault. Dispatchers forced entry and found a woman with her hands tied. Her boyfriend was beating her with a pipe, and had been doing so for about seven hours.
- A 35yo Cobb County mother lets her fiance hog-tie her kids
- Dublin High School Will Be Powered By Solar Energy
- Trivia: Here’s a map of Georgia’s solar installations
- Steve Israel ‘pretty comfortable’ John Barrow won’t run for Senate
- #CPAC2013 starts today. Rep Caldwell is to speak.
- Florida lieutenant governor resigns amid gambling investigation
- Argentines rejoice: Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio was named the first non-European pope in over 1,200 years
- Obama talks of resuming White House tours for kids
- Why do Iraq, Syria, and Yemen, want SXSW?
- Eff. You. and your (max)ePad Femme, Eurostar.
- I’m currently reading Brian Tracy’s No Excuses: The Power of Self Discipline. It apparently takes seven years, or 10,000 hours of hard work, to get to the top of any field.
- I also really liked @Melissaabbey‘s GA Lawmakers list on Twitter, so I made most of my lists public. The Politics: Georgia and Newsfeed: Georgia lists will probably be of the most interest to you.
- Leaning In: Women of ABC News. Yep, I’m totally on board the Sheryl Sandberg train – toot toot. Here’s her 2010 TEDTalk that started it all. Ladies, it’s completely worth the 15 mins.
- Google Reader, the eight-year-old RSS reader that became an industry standard, has been given a funeral date: July 1st, 2013. Here are some alternatives.