Scottsdale, Arizona – It’s early out here. Good morning, sunshine.
- Justices question Voting Rights Act
- An ex-con lobbyist says “Georgia is ‘lobbyist Disneyland‘”. “If I were a lobbyist here I would run through that bill in three seconds,” he said. Here’s the thing – if your core is set on doing wrong…there’s not a law written that can stop you.
- DeKalb School Board Lawsuit Dismissed
- Governor accepts applications for DeKalb school board jobs. A panel assembled by Gov. Nathan Deal is accepting applications to fill the seats of six suspended DeKalb County school board members. The positions pay $18,000 a year.
- Per Galloway, Johnny Isakson serves notice that he’s not leaving in ’16. A commenter noted a couple of weeks ago that one strategy for the upcoming US Senate race would be to let the field bloody themselves this round and then just wait to slide into Isakson’s spot when he retires. They might be waiting a while.
- ‘Obama socialism’ homework angers students at Cobb County high school. The truth hurts sometimes.
- Forbes ranks Georgia’s five-star hospitality spots
- Buzzfeed: Tom Price’s Road To The Senate Complicated By A Political Rift At Home
- Big business on sequester: Zzzz
- Journalist Bob Woodward blasts Obama “madness” in handling cuts
- Clint Eastwood Signs Brief Supporting Same-Sex Marriage. Top Republicans sign gay-marriage brief.
- Cuomo Announces Plans To Modify Gun Control Law To Exempt Film Industry
- Michelle Obama: Give that First Lady her own TV show!
- Victory for Victor Meldrew, as pessimistic people ‘live longer’. Older people blighted by pessimism and fear for the future are more likely to live longer, according to scientists.
- Top 10 List of Interesting Facts About Coffee
- History Channel’s “The Bible” by super producer Mark Burnett and Roma Downey starts this Sunday March 3.
- Wowsers – how time can change someone. Kim Kardashian started a “mommy blog” on Celebuzz.com and posted her very first pregnancy-related post this week.
- Priceless Wild Pearl Found In Oyster That Was Bought For A Hangover
- Morning Bell: The Best Part of the Oscars 2013