Goood m’awnin from N’awlins! Louisiana is my fourth state in under a week. Are you familiar with “Trade Show Season”? It effectively means I’m on the road every week from the middle of January to the end of April. Arguably much like our legislators except I thankfully get paid a tiny smidge more than $17k. Waaait a minute – I guess educating decision makers and then selling on the best solution makes me a lobbyist of sorts?
- Flood watch posted for Friday and Saturday as forecasters predict heavy rain
- A solid (and fun) PR move by Mayor Reed for appearing in this Bar Mitzvah video.
- Dekalb County School System hearing is today.
- lolz – the irony of Amazon scouting Georgia for IT jobs with our internet sales tax law that took effect on Oct 1. Well played, Amazon; keep your enemies close I guess 😉 But hey, welcome to Cobb – the water is just fine. We’ve got the best suburbia to make your employees feel riight at home.
- Primetime Lawmakers: a summary of Ethics Bill changes and some other good links.
- Rep Hank Johnson forgets about Newton County
- Another PP contributor goes big time. Jason Pye in The Hill: GOP votes for gay marriage not a career-ender
- Georgia’s 17th Amendment stance hits the Huffington Post
- Jobs! No wait – Layoffs! Pentagon informs Congress of plans to furlough 800K civilian workers.
- Geez, CNN is replacing everyone. Soledad headed out at CNN.
- Gag. Tourists at hotel bathed, brushed teeth and drank water from a tank in which a young woman’s body was likely decomposing for 2+ weeks.
- Damascus: Car bombs kills 32 people
- Google glasses: Behind the lenses at last. A demo video is at the bottom on the article. Our kids will be a race of Terminators.
- Yahoo (now headed by Google genius Marissa Mayer) goes social, teams with Facebook
- Yikes – I’m gonna be on suicide watch for a few of my friends. Carver’s is closing on March 30.
- Braves to retire Chipper Jones’ number