Morning Reads 2/20/2013

February 20, 2013 6:30 am

by Ron Daniels · 12 comments

Happy Wednesday!

Thanks to chickens, cars, and contraptions that fly, Georgia achieves record-setting exports. Let’s cut out the middle-man and attach some chickens to those Kia cars. I bet if we don’t clip their wings, a pack can keep a car up for twenty minutes. In other news, I’m opening a chicken gizzard restaurant.

Here is, likely, the clearest explanation of the new car tag law I’ve seen. In other news, I think the General Assembly needs more lawyers from below the gnat line and less Philadelphia-lawyer types.

The PSC’s ongoing battle against fraud, waste, and abuse with “free cellphones.” How about I pay someone without a cell phone to take mine away from me? They can answer it and everything. It’s even got these internets.

Sequestration would be bad for Georgia. Really? You think? (I have some restraint. I just had the perfect opportunity to troll you all with a Ghostbusters clip. But I didn’t. Self-control.)

Georgia: The Ginseng State. Can we just send it all to Florida? Doesn’t it help people remember things? I forgot.

Kennesaw needs a football Coach. I can make myself available; but so is Derek Dooley.

UGA’s Murray has a hangover; Alabama allegedly intoxicating.

Hospital-merger in Albany . . . . . DENIED. Supreme Court of the United States ruled yesterday. Now for someone to figure out how to un-do the merger.

Juvenile Justice reform is coming. And it’s high time.

Governor Deal urged to expand Medicaid program. Please Governor Deal, let your response be: “Deal with it.” Someone get the Governor some Raybans.

Hill’s execution stayed. For what it’s worth, I don’t think we should execute a man who has been unanimously deemed incompetent.

I’d like to take a moment to recognize two campaigns for local government positions. They are notable, in my mind, because of the age of the individuals running. Danny Glover is a 25 year old man who is challenging Elaine Lucas in Macon. Todd Robinson is another young man who is running for Atlanta City Council Post 2. I don’t agree with either of them on many political issues, but both are level-headed and pragmatic. Young people need to be encouraged to change their communities. Good luck to them both.

Music time. Ron, out.

The Last Democrat in Georgia February 20, 2013 at 8:07 am

Thanks for the news, Mr. Daniels.

Raleigh February 20, 2013 at 8:14 am

I agree we should not execute a man who has been unanimously deemed incompetent. We should just vote him out of office…… sorry, forgive me, I couldn’t help myself…….

Andre February 20, 2013 at 9:20 am

In Clayton County, they elect men like that Sheriff.

Raleigh February 20, 2013 at 11:49 am

Let’s not forget Balfour and Rogers at the state level plus the various forward thinking public school boards that seem to always interest SACS.

jiminga February 20, 2013 at 8:42 am

I’ve read that Hill has an IQ of 70. OK, he was never going to be a rocket scientist but I think even a dim bulb like him knows the difference between right and wrong. My 5 year old grandsons know right from wrong.

Noway February 20, 2013 at 10:22 am

When they do execute him in 30 days will he get ANOTHER last meal?

DeKalb Wonkette February 20, 2013 at 9:32 am
chamblee54 February 20, 2013 at 10:11 am

The GDC seems to execute one white man every time they execute a black man. I don’t know if this is intentional.
There is an execution scheduled for tomorrow. I don’t know if the current activity in the courts will affect this.

Ed February 20, 2013 at 11:58 am

Here’s something for you conservatives…

An Obama mortgage relief program is actually… causing foreclosures.

KD_fiscal conservative February 20, 2013 at 12:20 pm

“Sequestration would be bad for Georgia. Really? You think? (I have some restraint. I just had the perfect opportunity to troll you all with a Ghostbusters clip. But I didn’t. Self-control.)”

I’m not sure how much the sequester would hurt Georgia, but the notion a mere $85 billion dollar can’t be cut from the $1.4 Trillion yearly deficit without supposedly tanking the economy and crippling the military, is frightening.

Harry February 22, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Yep.

saltycracker February 23, 2013 at 10:03 am

Gotta love hyperventilating over cutting in one place while spending more in another for a net result of more money spent.

We just gotta stop putting so much food (as a % of GDP) on that table we fight for a place at.

Comments on this entry are closed.