Gooood morning! from Dallas, Texas. A big hello to Julie S. who reads PP regularly – we volunteered on a campaign together prior to her moving to Dallas, and I still haven’t been able to squeeze in a coffee :/ Happy Thursday, everyone!
- ICYMI: Congressman Broun announces bid for Senate
- Sweet hallelujah, Rep Jeff Chapman - Chapman plans to file a bill Thursday that would prohibit Georgia Power from collecting its set profit margin on any overrun charges passed along to ratepayers.
- 27 vehicle wreck on I-16; 4 dead
- Disbarment recommended for Atlanta City Councilman Lamar Willis
- Graphic novel by Rep. John Lewis slated for August
- Bill requires legislative oversight of EPD rules. I had to look up Rep Tom Kirby for reference. Here’s a summary of Gwinnett legislators for your viewing pleasure.
- Augusta: Jack Connell, longtime lawmaker, dies
- Athens: Georgia defensive coordinator won’t discuss Saints. And closer to my own interests: Maya Angelou captivates audience at UGA. My favorite lesson from her is “People will tell you who they are if you’ll listen.” #preach
- Atlanta: Hundreds of complaints filed with TSA over lost items at Hartfield
- Bainbridge: Burke grabs senate seat
- Fayette: Proposed film studio complex in Fayette would become Georgia’s largest
- Senate Democrats propose HOPE changes. I refer you back to Hell NO on 2.0.
- Forsyth: Hays State Prison Has A New Warden
- Atlanta-based Popeyes CEO To Women: Don’t Waste Time Trying To Fit In
- Ridiculous lawsuit: Hershey sues Shaw carpet for naming a color “Chocolate Kiss”
- Sen. Marco Rubio Will Deliver Republican Response To State Of The Union
- Much like straw polls: HuffPo reports that Fox News’ Credibility At ‘Record Low‘: PPP Poll
- Harry Reid fact-checked as wrong about $2.6T in cuts
- Leaders of Muslim nations called for a negotiated end to Syria’s civil war at a summit in Cairo on Wednesday
- The 10 most congested cities are Washington, Los Angeles, San Francisco-Oakland, New York-Newark, Boston, Houston, Atlanta, Chicago, Philadelphia and Seattle.
- Anti-gay Pastor Claims Gays Will ‘Burn Christians At The Stake‘ …and home-schooled children will be sent to live with pedophiles? Not to leave out anyone, he claims that women on birth control have wombs “embedded with dead babies”. Cray I say.
- What the kitchens of the future looked like — in the 1960s. If only.
- Kim Kardashian tweets out pic of diamond-encrusted gun right after asking fans to support gun control. This is the literal embodiment of Chris Rock’s famous “Bullet Control” bit (language warning).
- USADA extends deadline for Armstrong to talk
- Breasts, Buttocks, Genitals Ban At Grammys – But Also Message-Sending Lapel Pins. It sad that these letters now have to be sent.
- Harsh reality: 74% of all respondents said it’s acceptable to reach for their tablet after being intimate with their partner, and nearly half of single women would rather spend the “morning after” with their iPads over last night’s date.
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Breakthrough Hug With Mark Zuckerberg