A Golf Clap for Eric Gray

From Jim Galloway at the AJC comes this nugget: When a computer tech named Derek Bovard in Colorado saw that President Obama’s advisors were putting together an advocacy group called Organizing for Action, he grabbed the domain OrganizingforAction.net and pointed it to the National Rifle Association website.

Eric Gray, Communications Director for the Georgia Democrats, spotted the domain-squatting Bovard, and promptly registered derekbovard.com, .net, .org and .info, and pointed all of them to the Wikipedia entry on the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

According to Gray: “For a computer technician not to register his own name when he’s pulling tricks like this is really unbelievable,” he said. “The point I’m trying to make is that you don’t have to be a bully.”  Gray also added a bit of wisdom he heard from his mother: “..she said ‘If you’re going to be stupid, you’d better be tough.‘”

While Eric and I have not always gotten along, I must offer him congratulations on following his mother’s advice. On both counts. A golf clap for you, sir.

PS: That’s a new location for Galloway on the AJC site. Update your bookmarks to keep up with him.

• The Last Democrat in Georgia says:

Who knew that there are actually enough of them in Georgia to have the need for a communications director?

1. Nonchalant says:

Since this is essentially war now, Mr. Bovard has still done more net damage to the foe. Three cheers for Mr. Bovard. Do not yield.

And if one doesn’t like the idea it is a war, moderate one’s desires and decorum. Until then…

• Nonchalant says:

This also serves me to reinforce my belief that Democrats have no issues with doing their best to destroy individuals who effectively check them in sone way, or pose a threat of dong so.

Gut instinctual reaction every time it happens–“How can I get this guy.? Is there some law I can get him on? Etc. etc.” On the one hand, we have a man who stood athwart an *organization* that is not exactly bereft of money or access to the law. On the other hand, we have a private individual who has got in the way of the left, and is now about to be demonized to non-existence if they can make it happen.

You tell me.

• Nonchalant says:

I just want to know who else the “Operations and Enforcement Branch” of the Georgia Democratic Party intends to go after….

• benevolus says:

Of course, your comments are worthless as soon as you equate one persons actions with a whole group.

• Nonchalant says:

You know, I don’t ever recall seeing a “benevolus” listed as “quality control” expert, so perhaps we should let the “worthless” observation pass as is. Though he certainly seems sure of his view, I’ll give him that. Or he knows the “spin” needed, at any rate.

Now, on this subject of equating one individual with a group, it is a practice I for one am heartlily glad the left never engages in. Elsewhise, next thing you know, every white guy in America who opposed them, even on the most trivial thing, would be demonized as the actual descendent of Nathan Bedford Forrest. Or Nathan himself. But this doesn’t happen. Ever. So we may rejoice.

Now, as far as my original comments on Mr. Gray–Since first posting, I have read where he said he acted alone. I have no reason to doubt it, and thus I do not doubt it. But…since the Tea Party was constantly accused of being paid for and organized by corporate interests, and “clearly” could not be individual citizens acting out of their own beliefs; and since I find it hard to not believe that if this situation had been a conservative against a Progressive, and the conservative had been an official in the GOP or, horrors, a board member of a corporation–well, let’s just say the “outrage posses” would already have saddled up and rode out of town, going off to track down the hidden Karl Rove strings being pulled, not believing the claims of “acting alone”–wouldn’t they? So–Mr. Gray says he “acted alone”. And I’m sure he did. But, nonetheless—let’s just I would like to know the position of the Georgia Democratic Party on “extracurricular” activities of its officials against individuals, and leave it at that.

Thanks for playing.

• seenbetrdayz says:

That’s kind of how I’ve felt since Sandy Hook when we have to sit and listen to how gun owners don’t care about children because an individual nut slaughters a bunch of kids in a classroom.

• benevolus says:

You go ahead and defend the right of an individual nut to shoot children. Let me know how that works out for you.

• The Last Democrat in Georgia says:

But only after you let us all know how shamelessly using the tragic slaughter of a bunch of schoolchildren as a means of imposing your long-desired far left-wing agenda of undermining the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States is currently working out for you.

2. seenbetrdayz says:

Ummm.

Who in the hell is going to know who Derek Bovard is anyway?

I have to say that Derek probably still has the last laugh on this one. There’s going to be a lot more people visiting a site called organizingforaction.net than ‘derekbovard.com’.

• seenbetrdayz says:

Maybe he can tell people to google “derek bovard” and hope they randomly stumble upon it, figure out who he is, and everyone gets a good laugh.

But, then again, I’ve always been told that if you have to work that hard to explain a joke, it probably isn’t funny.