I’m so sorry to hear about the damage and loss in Georgia. I’m in San Antonio this week and started tracking down family as news alerts came through email. The tornado went right by my niece’s high school in Sonoraville; my company’s entire Kennesaw facility shut down to take shelter for a few hours.
- Photos: Injuries and damage as tornado touches down
- Video: 5 tornadoes strike Metro Atlanta, North Georgia
- Adairsville: Powerful storm flips cars, decimates homes; 2 dead
- Dueling legislation addresses tax credits for private schools
- Macon: Judge, Ga. Secretary of State Clash. Mandamus invoked.
- Falcons could be ready to pony up more funding for new stadium
- Cobb: Controversy swirls around Cobb Chaiman’s closed meeting on immigration
- Cobb adds more electric car charging stations
- Charter-school commission held its first meeting yesterday
- Two TSA officers sentenced in drug smuggling ring
- House bill would protect Confederate, Revolutionary War monuments. “The measure, House Bill 91, is designed to safeguard statues, plaques and other markers recognizing Revolutionary War or Confederate heroes from modern objections to views on race held in the 18th and 19th centuries.” This article reminds me of a clip about Crazy People in the South. “We don’t hide our crazy people in the attic. We bring them right down to the living room and show them off.”
- Metro Atlanta saw the third-highest rebound in new housing starts in 2012
- We’re mentioned in National Journal: The GOP’s Latest Challenge: Stopping the Next Todd Akin. A Georgia House member who accused President Obama of following the Soviet constitution is probably running to succeed retiring Sen. Saxby Chambliss, and another who defended Akin’s “legitimate rape” comment is considering a campaign.
- James Carville and Mary Matalin, a bipartisan power couple, on Thursday explained their sudden departure as CNN contributors.
- Alabama gunman kills bus driver, seizes boy
- Video released of Australian kidnapped in Philippines
- Homeland Security has advice for confronting mass murders: scissors. The article is being snarky about the scissors, but I think the video is well done.
- Senators Seek Permanent Extension Of Internet Tax Ban
- Niners CB says openly gay players would not be welcomed on the team
- Millionaire athletes looking to most to state with lower taxes
- Video: Why are Voters so Uninformed? “It’s rational to be ignorant.”
- Forbes: How President Obama Lost His Shirt to John Boehner
- For the sports fans: Top UGA target de-commits from FSU
- Another viral Lonely Island video about YOLO. Instead of “You Only Live Once” it’s “You Oughta Look Out”. Over 15M hits in four days. Mmm – Adam Levine.
- Blackberry started from scratch to make the BB10. “…does not include a single line of code from the current OS, RIM hopes to wrestle back some market share…”