EE Tells PP: I’m Leaving CNN

January 29, 2013 13:53 pm

by Ed · 13 comments

Our supreme boss and founder, Erick Erickson, just told me in an email: “I am leaving CNN.”

He writes more about it here.

There are rumors circulating that he is leaving CNN for FOX. Erickson would not comment on the rumors.

Tuesday will go down in the annals of CNN history as a busy day. You can read more about the changes at Atlanta’s very own news giant here.

Erick Erickson was the best thing CNN had going for it and I for one am truly grateful to be a part of his multimedia empire./suckup

Bob Loblaw January 29, 2013 at 9:51 pm

My God are we really supposed to make through that epic emo post?

IndyInjun January 29, 2013 at 10:26 pm

‘epic emo post’ ——–that oughta smart……..chuckles.

Dave Bearse January 29, 2013 at 10:38 pm

I understand Politico confirmed the move to the bubble.

analogkid January 29, 2013 at 10:42 pm

The good news for Erick is that he can forget all that kumbaya stuff he learned at CNN and go back to lobbing grenades.

Spacey G January 30, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Still can’t believe I read through his whole stream of narcissistic, faux-modest drivel. But I did.

Erick Erickson claims to have grown as a person when at CNN. That he’s developed intellectually, socially, politically, etc.; that he’s more worldly, wise and tolerant now.

Alas, all that misty, lofty and laughable (looking forward to seeing what Gawker does with it) self-aggrandizing keyboard banging about discovery and personal growth (assuming it was genuine, and that’s probably assuming too much) will come to an abrupt end now, given that he left CNN to become… a Fox News contributor.

What a hideous thing to do. We all make free-will choices in life. That was his. I suppose it was inevitable, is the most understanding and tolerant I can, personally, be on the matter.

It’s sad though. It didn’t have to be that way.

Harry January 30, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Do you have a problem with Fox?

Baker January 30, 2013 at 12:43 pm

I don’t have quite the same problems with him as you might, but kind of thought the same thing. It’ll be interesting to see how the new, tolerant, cuddly Erickson does at the grill of red meat that is Fox.

Thought: Is goat a red meat? And does it need tenderizing?

Spacey G January 30, 2013 at 2:17 pm

*snort*

Spacey G January 30, 2013 at 12:26 pm

IP, can you change “I” to “it” (lower case) in that last sentence I wrote above? I don’t care for typos. Everyone needs an editor. Even me. Tx.

Mike Hassinger January 30, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Done.

Spacey G January 30, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Oh, you’re on the editing duties I see, Mike. Tx!

Romegaguy January 30, 2013 at 9:27 pm

:yawn:

Scott65 January 30, 2013 at 9:43 pm

He’ll be just another righty on Fox…Lets see him out do M. Malkin (actually an E.E. M.M. grudge match would be highly entertaining now that I think about it). Its easier to be a big fish in a small pond than a small fish in a big sewage polluted lake

Comments on this entry are closed.