Praying For Our Elected Officials

January 14, 2013 8:59 am

by Nathan · 5 comments

I know we give our elected officials a hard time on here…a lot.  Sometimes it’s deserved, but sometimes it’s not.  As Buzz pointed out, he and his colleagues will be sworn-in this morning at 10a.  I’ll be praying for my delegation and their colleagues today and will try to pray for them throughout the 40 day session, and I hope you’ll take some time to do that as well.

We act like they’re not, but they really are just like us…except their mistakes, big and small, get published in the paper, read on the 11p news, and published here on Peach Pundit from time to time.

Dear members of the Georgia General Assembly:  Good luck.  I ask that you pray for wisdom and guidance from God when drawing up, debating, and passing new laws that affect your fellow citizens of the great state of Georgia.

David Staples January 14, 2013 at 9:40 am

And please remember that in the phrase “liberty and justice for all” – that last word is ALL… not just those who can afford to send a lobbyist down to take you out to lunch and dinner. :-)

IndyInjun January 14, 2013 at 10:54 am

My prayers are first for the people of Georgia who put their votes behind these politicians. Until they start paying attention and feeling real pain, they will be looted out of existence by this crowd, short of divine intervention. There are glimmers of hope, though and I will pray that the elected show better concern for the people. The middle class is under an extinction threat from politicos across the spectrum. My prayer is that the legislators cease their warfare on us and claw back some of the excesses.

The Last Democrat in Georgia January 14, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Well said, Indy.

The Last Democrat in Georgia January 14, 2013 at 1:36 pm

“Dear members of the Georgia General Assembly: Good luck. I ask that you pray for wisdom and guidance from God when drawing up, debating, and passing new laws that affect your fellow citizens of the great state of Georgia.”

….And if you don’t get any wisdom or guidance from God then just consult the nearest lobbyist who’ll tell you what to write line-for-line.

Dave Bearse January 14, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Reverend Edward Everett Hale when asked if he prayed for US Senators responded:

“No. I look at the Senators and pray for the country.”

Comments on this entry are closed.