To the Single Ladies of Peach Pundit

This Craigslist Guy needs a date to an event.

I have an invitation to a political party event Tuesday night January 29th after the General Assembly ends its daily session at the Capitol. It is a pig roast style barbecue/meet & greet type for folks in government/lobbyists, etc. If you would describe yourself as a right winger and like to have fun socially, mix easily with folks and talk politics etc… we might have some fun. It starts early at 5:00 and runs untill about 8:30 or so… We should meet earlier in the day for lunch or at a coffee shop and drive downtown for the event…It’s going to be crowded and fun. Some live music and open bar will also be part of the gig…. it’s hosted by some really fine folks.

Let me know about you and send some pix to describe yourself…. I will reply only to answers with photos. use the words “PIG ROAST” in your ad reply.

I am 6’2″ blue/gray eyes. stocky build, brownish/gray hair, glasses and very well educated, and am a definite conservative… so I don’t want to argue politics on a first date… I’d rather talk politics like a like-minded woman and have some fun.

Brown Chicken, Brown Cow

1. DeKalb Wonkette says:

Obviously, he ain’t from around here. Otherwise he’d just go to the Capitol and pick somebody up who’d have him.

2. Mrs. Adam Kornstein says:

Pro-Tip: I don’t think any self respecting woman should respond to any date inquiries with the subject line “PIG ROAST”.

• Bridget Cantrell says:

A tall heavyset guy with gray hair and glasses? Good thing there’s only gonna be one of him at a political event. It would’ve been awkward doing the whispered, “Hey, I’m PIG ROAST, are you Craigslist Guy?”

I’m glad he specifies that he’s “very well educated”. If people truly have money and power, they never have to tell you they have it. If a guy has to tell you he’s very smart…

3. Dr. Monica Henson says:

I’m attending the Pig Roast in question, along with my Republican husband (we are a mixed marriage, friends characterize us as the Carville/Matalin of Jasper, GA). I’ll be on the lookout for Mr “Stocky” to see if he got a date.

4. analogkid says:

Seems like this may have inadvertently been posted in “men seeking women.”:

I’d rather talk politics like a like-minded woman and have some fun.

Also, when a person describes himself or herself as “very well educated,” but can’t manage to spell the word “until” correctly, beware.

5. The Last Democrat in Georgia says:

Why doesn’t he just hire an escort? Or, better yet, why doesn’t he just wait and pick one up when he gets there? If past years are any indication, then there should be no shortage of them, especially when it comes to any social event involving our highly-esteemed legislators.