To the Single Ladies of Peach Pundit

January 12, 2013 12:16 pm

by Bridget Cantrell · 15 comments

This Craigslist Guy needs a date to an event.

I have an invitation to a political party event Tuesday night January 29th after the General Assembly ends its daily session at the Capitol. It is a pig roast style barbecue/meet & greet type for folks in government/lobbyists, etc. If you would describe yourself as a right winger and like to have fun socially, mix easily with folks and talk politics etc… we might have some fun. It starts early at 5:00 and runs untill about 8:30 or so… We should meet earlier in the day for lunch or at a coffee shop and drive downtown for the event…It’s going to be crowded and fun. Some live music and open bar will also be part of the gig…. it’s hosted by some really fine folks.

Let me know about you and send some pix to describe yourself…. I will reply only to answers with photos. use the words “PIG ROAST” in your ad reply.

I am 6’2″ blue/gray eyes. stocky build, brownish/gray hair, glasses and very well educated, and am a definite conservative… so I don’t want to argue politics on a first date… I’d rather talk politics like a like-minded woman and have some fun.

Brown Chicken, Brown Cow

DeKalb Wonkette January 12, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Obviously, he ain’t from around here. Otherwise he’d just go to the Capitol and pick somebody up who’d have him.

Harry January 12, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Probably an older fellow. It sounds like Neal Boortz.

Mrs. Adam Kornstein January 12, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Pro-Tip: I don’t think any self respecting woman should respond to any date inquiries with the subject line “PIG ROAST”.

Bridget Cantrell January 12, 2013 at 1:59 pm

LOL – I thought the EXACT same thing!

LoyaltyIsMyHonor January 12, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Unless she’s looking for a spit-roast….oooops, sorry, this is a family friendly site.

But seriously, what a TOOL.

Bob Loblaw January 13, 2013 at 10:53 am

Seriously doubt he’s ever attended said event or he’d realize anything at the Depot isn’t quite the caliber of a first-date night, pig or no!

greencracker January 13, 2013 at 11:08 am

+1 lol

Buzz Brockway January 12, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Let us know how it goes Bridget. ;) I’ll be interested to know if he’s stocky or just plain fat.

Bridget Cantrell January 12, 2013 at 4:00 pm

A tall heavyset guy with gray hair and glasses? Good thing there’s only gonna be one of him at a political event. It would’ve been awkward doing the whispered, “Hey, I’m PIG ROAST, are you Craigslist Guy?”

I’m glad he specifies that he’s “very well educated”. If people truly have money and power, they never have to tell you they have it. If a guy has to tell you he’s very smart…

Rick Day January 12, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Are the dates right?

This smells of bacon…

Dr. Monica Henson January 12, 2013 at 2:54 pm

I’m attending the Pig Roast in question, along with my Republican husband (we are a mixed marriage, friends characterize us as the Carville/Matalin of Jasper, GA). I’ll be on the lookout for Mr “Stocky” to see if he got a date.

analogkid January 12, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Seems like this may have inadvertently been posted in “men seeking women.”:

I’d rather talk politics like a like-minded woman and have some fun.

Also, when a person describes himself or herself as “very well educated,” but can’t manage to spell the word “until” correctly, beware.

The Last Democrat in Georgia January 12, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Why doesn’t he just hire an escort? Or, better yet, why doesn’t he just wait and pick one up when he gets there? If past years are any indication, then there should be no shortage of them, especially when it comes to any social event involving our highly-esteemed legislators.

IndyInjun January 12, 2013 at 5:44 pm
Dave Bearse January 12, 2013 at 5:58 pm

This bunch gives little quarter.

Comments on this entry are closed.