Good morning! As legislators are launching head first into the new year and the upcoming session, the private sector is doing the same. I’ve been suh-lammed. Some know, some don’t that I’m a regional sales manager in the construction industry by day. Bolt it to the floor or I’ll sell it – haha. I’ve already had a conference with my boss this morning, and he’s in the Central time zone. Giddy up; let’s get it.
If you’re going to be at the CoreNet Atlanta & CREW Joint Economic Forecast in Cobb today at 11:30am, look for me and say hello. Disclaimer: I’m on CoreNet’s Communication Committee. This is a shameless plug, but the event’s been sold out anyway 😉
- State Senate may vote Monday to cap gifts from lobbyists.
- Dozens of lawmakers try to beat fundraising deadline
- Fry him. Yeah, you can quote me on that. It would be fitting since he left her strangled and burning in a trunk. Amber DeLoach rape, murder suspect indicted. There is no “rehabilitation” for someone capable of this.
- Georgia gaining in ‘knowledge jobs’. More tech jobs coming. YES.
- Atlanta wages up 2.4% in 2012. The Atlanta Metro Pay Trend.
- Governor Deal proposes 3% increase in HOPE
- Education Group Gives Georgia a “D+,” but State Still Outranks Many
- Extended unemployment benefits might end Saturday
- Georgia adds trauma centers, reversing dire predictions
- Rep-elect Gregory hosted a town hall last night: Guns, gays and gov’t
- Famed Clermont Hotel sold to developers. It doesn’t appear they reached out to Blondie for comment.
- Videos: The 12 best political rants
- Republican Governor announces Medicaid Expansion Will Move Forward
- Mark Ferrandino Becomes Colorado’s First Openly Gay Speaker Of The House
- Science has determined that people need to know 7.5 things per day, on average, about the world of business. Here ya go.
- Steve Jobs’ widow, Laurene, is donor to Gabby Giffords gun group and is co-hosting San Fran fundraiser
- I’m not going to link them, but there are probably 10 different stories on violent sexual assaults with video and description of using metal objects until women die. Ugh.
- Ed did a post about Louie speaking at Obama’s inauguration, but didn’t put the link. I used to drive all the way to Haynes Bridge from Marietta to hear him lead 7:22 back in college. He’s a good guy, and I’m very happy he’s getting this media exposure.
- I still need to go see this. ‘Lincoln’ leads Oscars with 12 nominations.
- Quitting Facebook Is The New ‘I Quit TV’ (You Hipster, You). Guilty. I’m not trying to be a DB – I’m just trying to manage a big time-hog for me.
- How to Allocate Your Time, and Your Effort
- Determine how your taxes will change with this Fiscal Cliff Calculator