This will be my last Morning Reads for a while. The Legislative Session begins next Monday so Ronald has graciously agreed to pick up the slack. Thanks Ron.
- Special Elections tomorrow include House District 21, Senate Districts 11 and 21, and a Republican vs. a Libertarian in Senate District 30. As I’ve mentioned before I’m supporting Sean Jerguson in SD21 and Brad Hughes in SD11 and I’ve donated to both.
- Re: SD11: 589 vote early in Decatur County.
- Re: HD21 & SD21: through last Thursday, 700 had voted early in Cherokee and 500 in North Fulton.
- The Perspicacious Conservative comments on the HD21 race.
- Georgia based Flowers Foods Inc, is among several companies in talks to buy some of Hostess’ brands.
- A thwarted home invasion in Loganville has garnered national attention.
- The State Supreme Court will release opinions on 24 cases today. Here’s a look at one of them.
- Audit finds 75% of DFACS child abuse reports are filed late.
- Amy Kremer, Georgia resident and head of the Tea Party Express says Senator Chambliss will be primaried.
- Yet another study casts doubt on the idea that humans cause global warming. Tell me again who’s anti-science?
- A former head of the Obama OMB says the WH has no hand in the upcoming battle over the debt ceiling. Senator Isakson will be a player in the debt ceiling negotiations.
- Dems say no cuts, more tax increases. Should we call this “fiscal cliff II” or “son of fiscal cliff?”
- Joe Biden: Good Grief.
- Spurning Glenn Beck, Current TV was sold to al-Jazeera. In other words, Al Gore got a bunch of money from Big Oil.
- Fox News still rules the cable news market.
- Blogger Andrew Sullivan leaves the Daily Beast, sells $300k worth of subscriptions for his new venture.
- Lance Armstrong may publicly admit his cheating ways.
- If there was anyone out there who didn’t think Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel didn’t deserve the Heisman, I hope they watched the Cotton Bowl Friday night.
- Jets Coach Rex Ryan has a tatoo of his wife Tebowing while wearing nothing but a Mark Sanchez jersey.
- The Falcons will host the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday.