The Results Are In!

January 3, 2013 14:04 pm

by Ed · 25 comments

A hearty round of congratulations are in order for…ugh… Tottenham #1 Football1!11!! for winning the Peach Pundit Majestic College Football Pick ‘Em Tournament, going 146-110, and racking up 1617 points in the process. Interestingly, “Chip Rogers’ Loan Money” finished 0-235 with  zero points. I’m not sure what that it but it sure is something.

Now… for the main event… The Annual Inaugural Peach Pundit Presidential Pick ‘Em Competition…

First, an even heartier round of congratulations are in store for: Buzz (who had possibly the worst prediction), Icarus and whoever else picked a Mitt victory for stunningly bad prognosticating.

Anyway, Bill Dawers, Dave Bearse and Dave in Decatur all had 302 points sending…it to the tiebreaker! Bill was closest in predicting the vote percentage, Dave Bearse second closest and DinD was third closest so that’s your trifecta, respectively.  Max Power is fourth and Baker fifth.

Please pick your prize in the order of ranking:

Attend 1 (one) Georgia State University sports match of your choosing in Atlanta with yours truly.
A pat on the back
A steak dinner (as is customary for PP wagers)
20 Schrute Bucks
Eternal pride

The complete results are below. I would urge you to double check them. For a few of you I forgot to dock a point for not putting Colorado in the Obama column.

Also, I wish I had played, would have had all the states correct and thus all the EC votes. Oh well.

Max Power: POTUS correct, 25 states correct, 300 points total.
dsean: 22 states correct, 174 points total.
Doug Deal: 22 states correct, 178 points total.
Buzz Brockaway: 19 states correct, 148 points total.
Three Jack: 19 states correct, 163 points total.
GOPundit: 19 states correct, 227 points total.
Icarus: 23 states correct, 208 points total.
Dave in Decatur: POTUS correct, 25 states correct, 302 points total.
analogkid: POTUS correct, 24 states correct 247 points total.
Dave Bearse: POTUS correct, 25 states correct, 302 points total.
Daddy Got a Gun: 16 states correct, 126 points total.
Nathan: 20 states correct, 134 points total.
kyleinatl: 22 states correct, 224 points total.
sunkawakan: POTUS correct, 21 states correct 241 points total.
SallyForth: 20 states correct, 176 points total.
Bill Dawers: POTUS correct, 25 states correct, 302 points total.
Baker: POTUS correct, 22 states correct 299 points total.

Buzz Brockway January 3, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Hey, go big or go home. If the American people had listened to me we’d all be in a better place right now.

And once the prestigious Peach Pundit Fantasy Football trophy arrives we’ll award it. Apparently the trophy making company shipped it to New Orleans by mistake thinking Will Muschamp was to present it during the Sugar Bowl halftime show. Anyway now it’s a whole big thing now as Muschamp has mistaken it for the Sugar Bowl trophy and won’t give it back. He thought that when Lee Corso’s picked the Gators it was all over.

Ed January 3, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Beat USC once (albeit a depressed, broken, poorly-coached, unmotivated and injured one) and look what happens…

Buzz Brockway January 3, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Hey, our all time record against USC is now 2-2.

Lawton Sack (GATA Eagles!) January 4, 2013 at 12:02 am

THWUSC!!!

View from Brookhaven January 3, 2013 at 2:46 pm

There’s a Spurs fan on this site? Gross.

thomaswheatley January 3, 2013 at 3:58 pm

View,

There are two Spurs fans on this site. Only one is a poster. #COYS

Lawton Sack (GATA Eagles!) January 3, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Count me in as well as a Spurs fan.

Ed January 3, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Add me to the list. What popovich and co have done ia phenomenonal.

Daddy Got A Gun January 3, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Thank you for doing this. It was alot of fun ….. well it was until the result was announced, then it sucked Honey Boo Boo socks.

SallyForth January 3, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Well, at least I beat Buzz, T/J, GOP, LDIG, and DGGAG on state predictions. What’s the old saying about “there’s always Mississippi”?

GOPundit January 3, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Sally I got you by around 50pts though.

SallyForth January 3, 2013 at 6:34 pm

You noticed I was talking about state predictions, right?

GOPundit January 4, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Yep.

The Last Democrat in Georgia January 3, 2013 at 4:39 pm

“Last Democrat in Georgia: 144 points. He failed to link to his own map so I’m deducting 100 points for failure to follow instructions and 50 points for being an awful troll. You have earned -6 points.”

….As usual, Ed is forever the class act.

I also could have sworn that I provided a link to a map, but at this point who cares, seeing as though lovers of all things ever-expanding overbearing big government got what they wanted, which was a second term of ever-increasing higher taxes, more over-regulation, low-growth, etc.

Oh, and BTW, I’ve got your “troll”, you kool aid-guzzling Obamaphile :)

Dave Bearse January 3, 2013 at 10:02 pm

My recollection was the Max Power, Dave In Decatur and I had the same pickds. (Bill must’ve entered after I did.)

Two words: Nate Silver.

I simply took Silver’state predition and Prez percentages at the moment of entry.

After you, Bill.

Ed January 4, 2013 at 10:00 am

I think he predicted a different EC total. Or I have to go and deprive Baker of a victory spot.

JamieRawls January 3, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Chip Rogers’ Loan Money should get an award for team name alone…

Ed January 7, 2013 at 10:57 am

No one has claimed their prize yet!

WTF

Dave Bearse January 7, 2013 at 10:37 pm

I’m waiting on Bill.

Ed January 8, 2013 at 11:06 am

BILL HAS LOST THE RIGHT OF FIRST SELECTION.

This is what you get for dilly-dallying.

Dave, go ahead.

Dave Bearse January 10, 2013 at 12:25 am

I’ll take the sporting event. I don’t recollect ever being in a GSU campus building or other venue. I leave the event choice to you, trusting you to make a choice that promotes GSU sport/venue to someone long-past college age, as well as an event you enjoy watching. Advise if I need to provide contact information.’

Ed January 11, 2013 at 12:06 pm

It will be a football game. I mean, given the results I generally do not “enjoy” watching them, per se but I do enjoy attending them.

Until about kickoff time.

Dave In Decatur January 11, 2013 at 2:44 am

Assuming I can go ahead and jump in front of Bill as well, I’ll take that steak dinner. You snooze, you lose

Dave In Decatur January 22, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Anyone?…….Anyone?……..Bueller?………Bueller?

Ed January 24, 2013 at 9:20 am

Steak dinner is yours. Please get in touch with member debbie0404040 for details of how this is issued.

Comments on this entry are closed.