Most of you probably have access to the paper version of this month’s Georgia Trend. Since I’m skimming the digital version, I might as well share the political highlights. Enjoy.
Update: Buh – the links do not take you directly to the pages; you’ll have to jump to them. This was a big fat FAIL, but it’s written now, so I’ll leave it posted.
- Governor Deal is the 2013 Georgian of the Year (Jump to Page 16)
- PSC Chair: Commissioner Chuck Eaton will be chairman the next two years. A 2012 law changed the term from one to two years. (P12)
- Kennedy Award Winner: House Minority Leader Stacey Abrams was presented JFK New Frontier award by Caroline Kennedy. Two Americans under the age of 40 are honored annually for their commitment to public service. This is the first year a Georgian has won. (P12)
- A summary of 2013 Leadership positions are here. (P14)
- Chip Rogers and GPB: His new position is described by GPB as “creating a new programming initiative designed to facilitate coverage of economic development and jobs in Georgia.” (P14)
- LOL. Lonely? Single? Checkout redstatedate.com “to find your running mate”. SMH. (P14)
- The list of 100 Most Influential Georgians. What the what? Charlie isn’t on here? You’ll notice a lot of other names though. (P26)