Good morning everyone, it’s the last Friday in 2012. Let’s start with Jib Jab’s 2012 Year In Review:
– A Judge put a hold on Georgia’s fetal pain bill.
– Turnout is low thus far in special elections set for 1/08/13. Get out and vote for Sean Jerguson in SD21 and Brad Hughes in SD11. Why you ask? Because they’re good guys and we need as many good guys (and gals) at the Capitol as we can get. Full Disclosure: I’ve donated to both of them.
– How big is the Gwinnett County Public School system? Really big.
– Controversial double-decker buses. Oh My!
– Woodrow Wilson, who lived for a time in Augusta and Atlanta, and married a girl from Savannah, was born on this day in 1856. Somewhere Glenn Beck is wrapping his head in duct tape.
– RIP: General Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr.
– Erick says HR8 would solve the fiscal cliff crisis and Harry Reid should bring it to the floor of the Senate.
– Mitch McConnell calls out the President, saying he hasn’t heard from him since Thanksgiving.
– It’s almost impossible to get a gun in Australia and England yet crime persists.
– Morning Bell: The Ten Worst Regulations of 2012.
– North Korea continues to pursue intercontinental ballistic missiles.
– Cornell West says America ignores gun violence that harms African-Americans (he’s right about that) but then says “We can’t just shed tears for those on the vanilla side of town.”
– John Jenkins will not play for UGA in the Bowl Game.
– Bleacher Report says the Dawgs will crush Nebraska.
– Tech “stood up” by the always classy Lane Kiffin and the Trojans.
– Former Tech great Calvin Johnson set the NFL record for receiving yards in a season and goes for 2000 this weekend.
– Defending Champs GOPlayers goes for back to back titles against the Jeffersonians in the prestigious Peach Pundit Fantasy Football Bowl. Please check local listings to see whether this game will be airing in your area.