E L James I get, but how (I say HOW??) is Honey Boo Boo one of Barbara Walters’ 2012 Most Fascinating People??
- Governor Nathan Deal warns Georgia legislators there will be no money for new initiatives
- Fulton-Atlanta watchdog group might shut down
- Senator Josh McKoon calls for ethics commission funding
- State turns attention to juvenile justice reforms
- Atlanta 911 operators protest council raise. The workers want Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed to veto the measure. “It’s been 10-plus years since we’ve had our increment raise from the city of Atlanta. We’ve always been told there no money for us in the general fund,” Benjamin said. Wonder how Benjamin feels about there apparently being enough money for a new stadium…
- Fulton County DA seeks indictment against former teacher accused of abusing students. The case was first handled as a human resource matter and centered on the abuse of a single child. Then a $10.5M civil suit led to the discovery of four other victims. The judge ruled that the initial student is entitled to a private education for the next five years that will be paid for by Fulton County schools.
- Two of DeKalb’s top prosecutors leaving for Cobb
- Manpower: 8% of Atlanta employers look to hire in Q1
- SACS has given Georgia Perimeter College a 12 month warning to fix problems or lose its accreditation
- Oh? Community redevelopment at Southern Poly?? I’m listening. Video from 11Alive of Marietta exploring a “campus town atmosphere”.
- When they say “What happens in Athens stays in Athens” – they mean it. A guy hacked personnel records of current and past employees of UGA; he is now dead.
- FBI seeing spike in metro Atlanta bank holdups. People still physically go into banks?
- Buh. I feel like a broken record, but – Plant Vogtle delayed at least 1 year likely causing hundreds of millions of dollars in extra costs. For funsies, go towards the bottom of my post from June and try to click on the link I labeled “Westinghouse has lost their mind.” The article is now password protected and unavailable.
- Windowpane falls off 24th Floor of BB&T building
- F-22 Finale — Transfers mark demise of fighter program at Lockheed. 500 high-skill, high-paying jobs leaving Cobb.
- 160 CEOs To Congress: Fiscal Cliff Deal Must Include Tax Increases
- Hillary Clinton’s congressional testimony on the Benghazi attacks has been set for Dec. 20
- Cory Booker: Everyone’s middle name can be ‘entrepreneur’. The 43-year-old Democrat suggested people needed to take a broader view of entrepreneurship. For example, someone with 100 Facebook friends or 10 people following them on #waywire are media creators. They’re entrepreneurs. Entrepreneur: You’re doing it wrong, Mr. Booker.
- Google’s tax avoidance is called ‘capitalism‘, says chairman Eric Schmidt
- Oregon Mall Shooter Jacob Roberts Quit His Job, Seemed ‘Numb’ Before Attack
- Gross. Spain arrests woman with cocaine breast implants. What kind of trouble does a woman have to get herself into to think surgically inserting coke jellies is her life’s best available option?
- Florida nears 1 million permits for concealed weapons
- TED Talks: 11 great 15min videos worth watching on how to work smarter. PP Community: if you have an “in” to get me a ticket to the next TED event in Atlanta, I would REALLY appreciate it.
- Religion aside – if you want great 15min podcasts, check out Andy Stanley’s monthly podcasts on Leadership.
- Marissa Mayer’s Flickr revamp takes on Instagram. Bridg Fact: I have a business crush on Marissa Mayer of Google fame.
- Delta expects $1.6 billion annual profit. This is one day after Delta reported its plans to spend $360 million to gain a 49 percent stake in Virgin Atlantic. While we’re on Delta, they will also launch direct Atlanta service to Love Field. Hopefully the fare will be competitive with Southwest and I can go back to getting Skymiles when flying to Dallas.
- I loves me some Oprah. Bridg Fact: I did not watch even one of her daytime shows. I have to say though – her Life Classes and “Next” shows have simply been fantastic, and I DVR them all. What I Know for Sure About a Difficult Climb
- Travel + Leisure includes an Atlanta restaurant in its list of Best Sushi Restaurants in the US
- Video: CeeLo Green – Mary Did You Know. Disclaimer: it’s graphic in parts, but beautiful. The video features scenes from the upcoming March 2013 miniseries The Bible. It will be produced by Roma Downey (Touched By An Angel) and Mark Burnett (The Voice, Survivor, Shark Tank, Celebrity Apprentice). Should be pretty good.
- Video: Lea Michele from Glee – O Holy Night. Teen show or not – this girl is talented.
- 10 Best Commercials Of 2012
- Kanye West Wears Leather Skirt For Madison Square Garden Concert