Taking Ideas…

November 30, 2012 20:39 pm

by Bridget Cantrell · 14 comments

I told the gang I like the idea of regular Pundit vs Pundit pro/con posts; I also told them today’s Agenda 21 topic was ridiculous :/

There’s already another match up in progress between other posters on another topic next week, but it looks like Ed Hula and I will be sparring soon.

If you have ideas for a good topic (no, Honey Boo Boo isn’t an option) to debate with Mr. “Michael Phelps just talked to me!”, I’m all ears.

ricstewart November 30, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Instant Runoff Voting?

Bridget November 30, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Wild guess, Ric – you’re a Libertarian?

ricstewart November 30, 2012 at 11:46 pm

I’m not sure if I’m a libertarian with a wide moderate streak or a moderate with a wide libertarian streak. Small l either way.

benevolus December 1, 2012 at 9:36 am

Isn’t everybody a libertarian in theory? It’s only when we have to consider living amongst other people that we have to decide how not libertarian we are?

seenbetrdayz December 1, 2012 at 10:49 am

Put it this way. It’s much easier to give up freedom to the government, than it is to get it back. If you agree with that, you’re pretty much a libertarian.

David Staples December 3, 2012 at 10:49 am

What does IRV have to do with being a Libertarian? (Other than that it’s uses fewer tax dollars to hold runoff elections… but don’t Republicans at least sometimes claim they’re fiscal conservatives too?) Who’s the Libertarian in the Brookhaven race?

Daddy Got A Gun December 1, 2012 at 1:10 pm

I don’t know what you are into but here are some ideas:

1) Internet Taxes – Should the state collect them?

2) Continuous Government Surveillance – Cattle Tags on students to license plate readers. Is there no limit on how much the government can watch us …. you know, like a Constitutional right?

saltycracker December 1, 2012 at 9:53 pm

1. Close tax loopholes or end the tax
2. Tracking badges in public magnet schools while on whatever campus….we covered that

saltycracker December 1, 2012 at 10:09 pm

P.S. on surveillance: The automatic license plate reader – now that will keep the cops busy and raise a lot of money !

Ed December 1, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Our boss said honey boo boo. Thus honey boo boo it shall be.

Daddy Got A Gun December 2, 2012 at 5:44 pm

You, of course, can’t use your name. You have to use your Honey Boo Boo name. You have one, right? Doesn’t everyone? I’m Mae-Mae Muffin

Here’s the Honey Boo Boo name generator:

Scott65 December 3, 2012 at 9:46 pm

ROFL…my HBB name is SASSY!! I think I like that…still have no intention of ever watching the show though

greencracker December 2, 2012 at 7:26 pm

is it corporate welfare or economic development?

there’s your debate.

Stefan December 4, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Well, yes, but we are already debating the falcons stadium this week.

Comments on this entry are closed.