On Thanksgiving Eve let’s remember the many blessings we all enjoy in this great country of ours. Sure we’ve got problems, very serious ones, but with history as a guide and the courage to make tough choices we can solve our problems and move ahead. Reach out to a neighbor in need and I hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving Day surrounded by family and friends.
- Piedmont Healthcare and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta disagree over renewing the so-called bed tax.
- Deal to ask for $50 million more for the Savannah Port deepening.
- Atlanta Business Chronicle: Metro population reaches 5.48 million, and there were fewer mass layoffs in October 2012 than October 2011.
- 28,467 Georgia households could be effected by an online security breach at Nationwide Insurance.
- Sen. Chip Rogers does not think President Obama uses mind control. Sure, it was dumb to have that briefing but the people who recorded the video are attempting to sell the story that because seven Senators were in attendance all Georgia Republicans are slope-headed extremist rednecks. Republicans in Georgia need to remember politics is war by other means. Let’s be smarter and fight back against lies and distortions.
- Something I plan to watch today: “Does Capitalism Have A Soul?” Arthur Brooks v. Jim Wallis.
- The end of the Ames Straw Poll?
- Public nudity outlawed in San Francisco with some exceptions.
- Hamas wants a ground war?
- Hostess and it’s Unions started talking again after the company said it would close it’s doors. However, late Tuesday the talks reportedly fell apart.
- A controversy has erupted over Marco Rubio’s non-answer answer to the question of the age of the earth. It turns out the President dodges scientific questions too. Are these really the kinds of questions politicians and candidates need to answer at this moment in our nation’s history?
- Matt Lewis says Rubio should have remembered faith and science don’t have to be at odds. Tech Crunch weighs in, as does Erick Erickson.
- Jack Taylor scored 138 points to lead Grinnell to a 179-104 win over Faith Baptist Bible. Yes, that’s a NCAA record.
- The 5-4 Hawks have won three in a row and face the winless Wizards tonight at Phillips.
- At 9-1, the Falcons sit at #2 in ESPN’s NFL Power Rankings.
- Fox buys 49% of the YES Network as it builds strength to take on ESPN.
- Tech and UGA kickoff at Noon on Saturday. Tech hopes to have leading rusher Orwin Smith in the lineup.