- Presidents Adams (UGA) and Peterson (GT) agree the fiscal cliff is a bad thing.
- Tech, UGA students awarded Rhodes Scholarships.
- The Braves want the area around Turner Field developed.
- Georgia Legislative Black Caucus to join anti-charter amendment lawsuit.
- The Robert W. Woodruff Foundation donates $3 million to the Beltline trails.
- Georgia Supreme Court to release 20 opinions today.
- A petition exists to let Athens, Atlanta, Decatur, and Macon leave Georgia and stay in the U.S.
Among The Blogs
- Grift dips into the archives to make an appeal to the mighty middle.
- Colin Martin on the Boy Scouts.
- Cracker Squire on Petraeus, the President, and egomania.
- Georgia Political Review on the GOP and the Latino vote.
- Slyram on the simple life.
- Hostess is dead, is the Baker’s Union to blame? More seriously, is Union red tape holding up supplies to victims of Hurricane Sandy?
- The situation in Israel and Gaza is getting more and more dangerous. Anderson Cooper is unflappable.
- Canadian woman wants all oak trees cut down near her son’s school because of his nut allergy.
- San Francisco may finally be tired of all that public nudity.
- Hacker group Anonymous claims credit for crashing Romney’s ORCA system on election day.
- A look at turnover in State Legislatures.
- Marco Rubio raises $600,000 in Iowa. The 2016 race has begun.
- Suddenly, UGA is in the National Championship mix. Of course games against Georgia Tech and Alabama loom but according to what I’ve read on the internet, those games are mere formalities and the Dawgs are poised to rout Notre Dame. #cleanoldfashionhate
- The Falcons had 6 turnovers but won anyway.
- Maryland will consider today whether or not to bolt the ACC and become a member of the Big 10, or B1G, or whatever they call themselves these days. Tech could join the B1G as well. Wait, What?
- UPDATE: Tech to play in ACC Championship.