So Now It Begins…

November 18, 2012 17:53 pm

by Nathan · 7 comments

I received the death warrant to my sanity and perfectly good Saturdays in February, March, April, and May official Call for the convening of precinct, county, congressional district, and state conventions in 2013 this past Friday.  Precinct Mass Meetings for 80K+ population counties and those with special dispensation will occur on Saturday Feb. 9, 2013.  County Conventions (and Precinct Mass Meetings for <80K population counties) will convene on Saturday March 9, 2013.  District Conventions will convene on Saturday April 20, 2013, and the State Convention will convene in Athens on May 17th and 18th of 2013.  Expect a Peach Pundit Roadshow on May 17th in Athens….details will come later.

Since current state chairman Sue Everhart is term limited by our current rules, that means the top spot is an open seat.  A few candidates have already stated their intent of running for the top state (non-public office) Republican, but others will no doubt begin to throw their hat into the ring over the next couple of months.

Two years ago, I began to cover the state chairman elections as well as other interesting tidbits in the Republican convention process.  I plan on doing the same thing for the 2013 election cycle.  Here’s the deal, I’ll post once a week covering the pressers and other news I hear about the chairman candidates and other interesting GOP races around the state.  I retain the right to modify my coverage in frequency and depth of my coverage: i.e., don’t complain to me, Charlie, or the other Peach Pundit staff if your “look who endorsed me this week” presser doesn’t make it to the weekly round-up.

I want to keep coverage fair and interesting.  I will do my best to cover all of the candidates for the state chairmanship, but that means I need to get information from those who are running for the top spot.  Feel free to send me information about your campaigns…and keep it interesting.

So, there you have it.  Let the races begin.

Andre November 18, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I’d like to announce that I am running . . .

. . . Straight for the door.

Doug Grammer November 18, 2012 at 6:16 pm

I am not running for state GOP Chairman. I plan on seeing many of my friends at the convention. Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone. I think most people will start looking at the races more closely after the first of the year.

GAPolitico November 18, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Athens. Come on down! I know a bunch of awesome bars with great deals… just HMU yo!

troutbum70 November 18, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Well you already have B.J. Van Gundy (of Gwinnett County) running. FB page up and running as well for him. I can’t remember the guy’s name that’s running for 2nd Vice Chair. Ron something. No offense but he paints the perfect picture of the GOP being full of “old white guys” being in charge. And John Padgett for 1st I believe if I remember the letter I got the other day. Wouldn’t mind seeing an “age revolution” within the party. No, I DID NOT say Ron Paul. I said “Age Revolution”!

ricstewart November 18, 2012 at 10:45 pm

We want Lawton! We want Lawton! We want Lawton!

Robin Wheeler November 19, 2012 at 2:16 pm

No Ric, we are running Lawton for Congress, remember????

Napoleon November 19, 2012 at 12:21 pm

I am by now means a Ron Paul supporter. In fact, I have been frequently cussed out to my face by some of Ron Paul’s more gentile followers. That being said, John Padgett should have resigned as Party Secretary for his actions and response here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJxoVfrciUo

This is a guy who needs to be retired, not promoted.

Comments on this entry are closed.