Hank Johnson Proves He’s Smarter Than You Think

November 9, 2012 8:08 am

by Mike Hassinger · 15 comments

No, seriously. Listen to what starts out as an attempt at ambush humor get upended by a man who can clearly think on his feet.

H/T to world-famous hipster Jason Pye, who allowed me to steal this from his twitter feed.

That is all.

seenbetrdayz November 9, 2012 at 8:22 am

Can’t stand him, but I’ll give respect where it’s due. He flipped that faster than the island of Guam when too many troops go on shore-leave.

ricstewart November 9, 2012 at 8:23 am

Just when I thought we were starting to get past the R-word.

Come on people. Be decent.

barstool69 November 9, 2012 at 9:05 am

Stay classy, Mike.

They’re both idiots.

Spread the word to end the word.

Mike Hassinger November 9, 2012 at 11:29 am

Umm, I catch my former Congressman responding quickly to a rude question, notice and compliment him for it publicly. What about that requires me to “stay classy,” exactly?

barstool69 November 9, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Publishing this type of crap does nobody any good. You perpetuated this guy’s 5 minutes.

Daddy Got A Gun November 9, 2012 at 9:36 am

Bravo Rep. Johnson. That was a great response to an a-hole’s question. There were many ways where the response could have gone wrong and Rep. Johnson threaded the needle very well.

I hate ambush interviews whether its from my side or from the state owned media. It’s a form of bullying that shouldn’t be condoned regardless of the target.

Its good seeing someone battling Hep. C doing well and seemingly thriving. Many of the people I know with the disease aren’t doing so well. His story about living beyond the diagnosis is pretty inspirational.

Here’s a blurb from the AJC about how the disease kick started his political life:

“When he was first diagnosed 11 years ago, Johnson said, his doctor gave him 20 years to live.
“I determined that if I only had 20 years to live, I am going to do everything I wanted to do in life,” he said. Johnson said he got his financial affairs in order, saved some money for his family and then ran for DeKalb County Commission, serving two terms beginning in 2000. When he had the opportunity to run against former congresswoman Cynthia McKinney for the 4th Congressional District seat, he decided to do so…… “The final goal I had was to be a congressman,” he said.

Three Jack November 9, 2012 at 9:39 am

Did Seabass get the DB of the Day award for that interview?

Lea Thrace November 9, 2012 at 10:56 am

Ugh. I love Sebas. He is a friend from college and a fellow fraternity brother. That being said, he has always been in the running for Dbag of the century as long as Ive known him.

James Touchton November 9, 2012 at 1:08 pm

What fraternity were you in at Tech?

Lea Thrace November 9, 2012 at 1:49 pm

I was in a coed professional fraternity, Alpha Chi Sigma. Sebas was a Pi Kappa Phi brother also though.

hpb1 November 9, 2012 at 2:57 pm

He actually was EXEMPTED from DBag for an undetermined period of time BECAUSE he had the cojones to deadpan ask that question.

stillaskeptic November 10, 2012 at 12:00 pm

PUSHing it…

hpb1 November 9, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Was listening to The Regular Guys when they played the bit. Hilarious…

Loosen up people. It was hilarious live and in context.

Three Jack November 9, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I agree it was funny, glad to hear he got the extended DB exemption.

Jackster November 11, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Hank Johnson > Cynthia McKinney.

You may not like it, but it’s true.

Comments on this entry are closed.