“Political Arsonists” (AKA: bloggers) Take Note. You’ve Made Governor Deal Mad

Governor Deal is really mad at bloggers and journalits “political arsonists” who would be doing, among other things. highlighting potentially questionable appointments by the Guvnur. I’m sure he’d prefer it if you all just looked the other way with regards to that sort of stuff.

And what exactly are “political arsonists?”

Deal explains:

“They go out and say these things. They start a little fire over here, they go over here and start another little fire over here, and when the fire goes out on its own causes – which, you know, the tinder for political fires is the truth.

“When there’s not enough truth to sustain the fire, and it goes out, they then say, ‘well, see, we told you we were right. If we hadn’t done what we did, that fire would still be with you.’ Well no, not necessarily. I believe that you have a responsibility to make informed and good judgment calls. It should not be a political arena in which we make judgment calls without knowing where all the facts are.”

Galloway has more here.

I guess Deal doesn’t want anyone to look at what’s going on in his administration and if we keep it up, he’s just going to go home and bite his pillow. So stop it you political arsonists.

1. Baker says:

You think the appointment thing was what pushed it over the top?

How about the land deal?

How about tax shenanigans?

How about a new Falcons stadium?

Don Balfour?

• cheapseats says:

Those 2 were stinkers but don’t forget DOT, Lottery, State Climatologist, DOR, and…. there’s a few more that I can’t bring into my caffeine-depleted mind right now so, feel free to add your favorites here.

What I am pretty sure of is that Deal hasn’t appointed anybody with serious bona-fides to anything so far and it’s not likely to get better.

• Baker says:

I don’t necessarily think all of the appointees are seriously unqualified, but clearly there is patronage. And to some degree I’m fine with that. If a friend of mine is capable, but at some point it really begins to look untoward and we’ve hit that point and gone past when you bring in the land deals and the Ethics stuff.

2. girl with a gun says:

I would like to say that although some of the comments on the link above are very good, none of them were by me…..So there. But I do agree….Not me though. :)

3. Obi's Sister says:

Bwahahaha. Patriots must be lurking about in Gov. Deal’s dreams.

“It does not take a majority to prevail… but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” – Samuel Adams

‘Nuf said.

4. SallyForth says:

“All that is needed for the triumph of evil is for enough good men to do nothing.” — Edmund Burke

We’re just out here tryin’ to do something.

5. fishtail says:

Political Arsonists are really not big a threat…look at all that was done to Sonny Perdue, the crook that got away….he’s laughing all he way to the bank….www.perduepartners.com

6. fishtail says:

Political Arsonists are really not big a threat…look at all that was done to Sonny Perdue, the crook that got away….he’s laughing all the way to the bank….www.perduepartners.com

7. Dave Bearse says:

It’s not truth that sustains a fire, it’s the ADD of the Georgia electorate ignoring it that causes it to go out.

8. The Last Democrat in Georgia says:

““Political Arsonists” (AKA: bloggers) Take Note. You’ve Made Governor Deal Mad”

Well, that’s too bad…Not that Governor Deal is mad, but that Charlie and the crew appear to be running low on gasoline and matches, so I brought a few truckloads of both, enough to blow the place sky-high and light up the midnight sky as if it were high noon.