Morning Reads this morning will be a charter amendment free zone….unless of course it pops up in the comments.
The Secretary of State’s office has produced a short video to help you familiarize yourself with their election results reporting website.
Find your polling place here.
– Soccer coach in Gwinnett arrested after being spotted naked in the bedroom of one of his players.
– AJC: Duluth man charged with sex trafficking.
– Atlanta Business Chronicle: Atlanta No. 8 most dangerous city.
– GPB: Georgia Universities Fear Sequestration.
– Two Atlanta police officers died in a helicopter crash late Saturday night.
Local Election Items
– October 25th disclosure reports on State races.
– HD18 & HD69: Incumbent Cooke (R) v. Challenger Rhudy (D) & Incumbent Nix (R) v. Challenger Giles (D).
– HD118: Frye (D) v. Kessler (R).
– HD164: Incumbent Stephens (R) v. Challenger Craddock (D).
– SD6: Incumbent Stoner (D) and Challenger Hill (R) spar over abortion, other social issues.
– SD9: Incumbent Balfour (R) v. Challenger Drake (D).
– SD30: Richardson makes his case.
– CD2: What exactly is a veteran?
– CD4: Incumbent Johnson (D) v. Challender Vaughn (R).
– CD7: Incumbent Woodall (R) v. Challenger Reilly (D).
– CD9: Collins (R) v. Cooley (D).
– CD12: Incumbent Barrow (D) in the fight of his political life.
National Election Items
– Cam Newton seals the deal for Romney.
– Michael Barone predicts a big Romney electoral college victory, 315-223. Other notably Romney landslide predictions.
– Nate Silver says there is an 85.5% chance the President wins and predicts he will garner around 306 electoral votes.
– See our readers give their bold, fresh, electoral college predictions in Ed’s contest.
– More and more I think Ben Domenech is correct and we’re looking at an “undertow” election.
– Erick’s article about keeping the election results in perspective.
– Early voting numbers from around the nation.
– An overview of House races.
– RPC: Electoral map. Latest national averages: Obama 47.9, Romney 47.4. State polls.
– Battle for the Senate: Likely/Lean Dem. 45, Likely/Lean GOP 43, 12 tossups.
– Battle for the House: Likely/Lean GOP 224, Likely/Lean Dem. 178, 33 tossups.
Other National/International Items
– John Cusak as Rush Limbaugh?
– No Honey Boo Boo for Biden.
– Wondering what your Facebook friends political views are? There’s an app for that. The developers also used their app to create an elector college map showing Obama with a lead.
– New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg caved in to pressure and canceled yesterday’s marathon. Wise move.
– Power crew from Georgia refused to join the union, was sent packing.
– Google crisis map of aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Red Cross response page. World Vision donation page.
– The Falcons beat America’s Team 19-13 and are still undefeated.
– The NBA season began this weekend. The Hawks are 1-1. They dropped the opener to the Rockets 109-102 but beat the Thunder 104-95 last night.
– Amazon’s Holiday Toy List.
– RIP Pascual Perez. The former Brave was killed in the Dominican Republic in what appears to have been a robbery.