Out Of State PAC Drops $200K Against Barrow In GA-12

October 30, 2012 10:40 am

by Charlie · 7 comments

A D.C. based group called the “Congressional Leadership Fund” sent over the above ad this morning, with the following:

“WASHINGTON – The Congressional Leadership Fund (CLF) released today the first and only ad of a $200,000 television campaign in Georgia’s 12th congressional district in the final week. The ad, “Join Me,” highlights John Barrow’s staunch support of President Obama’s reckless spending and will air on broadcast television in the Savannah and Augusta media markets. ”

A couple of notes:  1) The ad implies that Barrow voted for Obamacare, which he didn’t.

2) With all the gnashing of teeth coming from the TEA Party over out of state philanthropists backing the Charter School Amendment, I can only assume we’ll have a press release from them denouncing this attempt by out of state interests attempting to help Lee Anderson make up his 4 to 1 cash disadvantage with John Barrow, right?

Right?

I’m holding my breath.  In the mean time, my column is on this race today.  Sock puppets don’t wear yourself out too much trying to figure out where best to lob your attacks.

Ed October 30, 2012 at 10:44 am

I honestly have no idea where things stand with this race–any level-headed insight?

KD_fiscal conservative October 30, 2012 at 11:44 am

Internal and publicly released polls are showing a tie.

griftdrift October 30, 2012 at 11:02 am

Only poll I’ve seen had Barrow with about 2 point lead. I don’t think anyone really knows.

KD_fiscal conservative October 30, 2012 at 11:42 am

Come on now Charlie, you’ve been around this game long enough to know carefully worded, but fundamentally untrue, accusations is you get your guy elected. Barrow’s doing it too, claiming “Lee wants to end Medicare.”

Stefan October 30, 2012 at 1:03 pm

He ran over it with his tractor just to prove a point.

Engineer October 31, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Barrow clearly voted against Obamacare.

The ad seems intentionally misleading to me, but to be fair, he also voted against repealing it (as they use in their ad).

Lawton Sack (Go Jackets!) October 31, 2012 at 2:38 pm

To also be fair, he cast his vote after it had passed. His office also said he was undecided the day before the initial vote.

Comments on this entry are closed.