- A corruption probe in Cobb?
- Senator Unterman leads the “Lanier Caucus.” Meanwhile, the Corps will release more water from the lake.
- The new Falcons stadium could require Legislative approval.
- A student from the Macon area will compete on “Jeopardy.”
- Sgt. Craig Warfle of Savannah was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross.
- The State Pre-K expected to return to 180 days next year.
- The Co-Founder of the Fayette County Issues Tea Party corrects errors of charter amendment foes.
Georgia Election Items
- Andra Gillespie, Aaron Gould Sheinin, and Matt Towery discuss the election and Georgia’s part in it tonight at the Commerce Club.
- Heavy turnout for Saturday voting. Don’t I know.
- Three members of the Gwinnett County Board of Elections face challengers.
- The only candidate for Murray BoE Post 1 has withdrawn due to health problems.
- Richard Rountree is trying to become the first African-American Sheriff of Richmond County.
- SD26: David Lucas (D) vs. Bobby Gale (R).
- Floyd County elections officials say ballot problems in HD12 have been fixed. Incumbent Barbara Massey Reece faces GOP challenger Eddie Lumsden.
- CD1: Incumbent Jack Kingston faces Dem. challenger Lesli Messinger.
- CD2: Incumbent Sanford Bishop faces GOP challenger John House. A group of African-American farmers endorsed House.
- GPB News on the “ad wars” in CD12.
National Election Items
- Close polls in traditional Democratic strongholds like PA, WI, MN, and MI, tempt the Romney campaign.
- Kids sing about the horrors that will afflict the world if President Obama is not reelected.
- Madonna booed after touting Obama.
- Both the GOP and the Dems. claim an advantage from early voting. Jamie Dupree recommends this website to track early voting.
- RCP National Average: Romney 47.7, Obama 46.8.
- RCP State polls.
- RCP Senate polls.
- Latest report, tracking cone.
- Google Crisis Map.
- New Jersey could bear the brunt.
- “Destructive potential” a 5.8 on a scale of 0 – 6.
- Weather Channel: 5 Reasons Sandy Will Be Epic.