– A corruption probe in Cobb?
– Senator Unterman leads the “Lanier Caucus.” Meanwhile, the Corps will release more water from the lake.
– The new Falcons stadium could require Legislative approval.
– A student from the Macon area will compete on “Jeopardy.”
– Sgt. Craig Warfle of Savannah was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross.
– The State Pre-K expected to return to 180 days next year.
– The Co-Founder of the Fayette County Issues Tea Party corrects errors of charter amendment foes.
Georgia Election Items
– Andra Gillespie, Aaron Gould Sheinin, and Matt Towery discuss the election and Georgia’s part in it tonight at the Commerce Club.
– Heavy turnout for Saturday voting. Don’t I know.
– Three members of the Gwinnett County Board of Elections face challengers.
– The only candidate for Murray BoE Post 1 has withdrawn due to health problems.
– Richard Rountree is trying to become the first African-American Sheriff of Richmond County.
– SD26: David Lucas (D) vs. Bobby Gale (R).
– Floyd County elections officials say ballot problems in HD12 have been fixed. Incumbent Barbara Massey Reece faces GOP challenger Eddie Lumsden.
– CD1: Incumbent Jack Kingston faces Dem. challenger Lesli Messinger.
– CD2: Incumbent Sanford Bishop faces GOP challenger John House. A group of African-American farmers endorsed House.
– GPB News on the “ad wars” in CD12.
National Election Items
– Close polls in traditional Democratic strongholds like PA, WI, MN, and MI, tempt the Romney campaign.
– Kids sing about the horrors that will afflict the world if President Obama is not reelected.
– Madonna booed after touting Obama.
– Both the GOP and the Dems. claim an advantage from early voting. Jamie Dupree recommends this website to track early voting.
– RCP National Average: Romney 47.7, Obama 46.8.
– RCP State polls.
– RCP Senate polls.
– Latest report, tracking cone.
– Google Crisis Map.
– New Jersey could bear the brunt.
– “Destructive potential” a 5.8 on a scale of 0 – 6.
– Weather Channel: 5 Reasons Sandy Will Be Epic.