Way to Bury the Lede, AJC

On Thursday, the AJC  committed probably the most egregious and offensive example of burying the lede in its history.

Writing for the Georgia Tech blog, Ken Sugiura details future opponents for the Yellow Jackets in collegiate gridiron.

He lists how the school may host Penn State at Bobby Dodd and other “attractive opponents” including Purdue (…ok…), Vanderbilt (wat) and Northwestern (lol que?).

My reaction was #yawnz until about halfway down I read:

With Georgia State moving up to the Sun Belt for the 2013 season, the Panthers could be a 2-for-1 opponent – two games at Tech and one game at the Georgia Dome. Discussions are at a preliminary stage.

“I think it would be a good thing for Tech and a good thing for Georgia State,” [Ryan Bamford, Tech’s associate athletic director for internal operations] said.

First off, it is lucky for Tech that a program with the stature that GSU has is willing to consider letting the Jackets step in their echelon–not the other way around Mr. Bamford.

Second off, Buzz–oh, it’s on.

Third off, there’s college football tomorrow yay! (And open thread).

1. Three Jack says:

That would work great…10,000 GSU fans and the 20,000 GT fans will fill about half of the GA Dome.

2. Trey A. says:

Everyone ready for the big game tomorrow? I think we have a good shot at avenging last year’s loss. (Of course I am referring to the Navy v. East Carolina matchup)

• Calypso says:

If you guys go to their next home game together then you can double the number of fans in the stands.

• SallyForth says:

Hey, I’m just glad GSU finally got a football team. I’m a homer who generally pulls for all the teams with Georgia in their name – ‘course I get really schizo every Thanksgiving Day when Buzz and Uga square off.

• Calypso says:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I just like bustin’ Ed’s chops on this, just like I do with Lawton and his honey bees.

Go Duke.

• Ed says:

You’re a Duke fan Ms. Cali? lol.

As you know, GSU opens its basketball season with a trip to Cameron Indoor on Nov. 9.

My sources tell me Mike Kzrrjzhzszszszshiski has been losing sleep over the matchup and is legitimately worried about the damage the Panthers will inflict on the Blue Devils program.

• Calypso says:

I can understand why Coach K is worried about the Panthers game. It takes away from the Blue Devils strength of schedule for the season. Though I guess a 40 point win margin will help to alleviate that issue.

3. AMB says:

Serious question:

If Hurricane Sandy is the huge storm as predicted and if power outages are widespread and long-lasting in the Northeast, is there any provision for extending voting until power is restored?

• Ed says:

I don’t really believe in moral victories but… the team’s been slowly improving this season to the point where soon they may be competitive with teams. Considering Tech’s trend is to be anything but competitive I’m going to tag this game: #upsetalert