This week has been a little new for me. I’m in sales; I travel; I network – and have done so since my early 20s. This particular week I’ve been solely responsible for a12yo little girl while the bf is out of town. While not a feat for most women, you’re probably snickering a little to imagine the comedy of errors I’ve enjoyed this week. No worries – ballet, dinner, homework, chores, reading… I’ve got it covered like saran wrap. Moose, the lab/pit, has even been walking me twice a day.
Parents will know that ITBS scores arrived this week. Tuesday night was my first time deciphering percentile ranks since I was in school. I’ll say it – I was floored. I managed to stay calm in front of Princess Buttercup, but I about lost my mind. We’ve been working on her grades (3 As, 2Bs, and a D), but that’s just it – both of us have been dutifully working with her on homework…particularly the D in Math. Teacher conferences were Monday morning and nothing out of the ordinary was reported. BUT, an ITBS report shows the very next day that Buttercup’s reading comprehension is in the 5th percentile? 5TH. How can you have an A in Language Arts and such a low reading comprehension?? Something. Is. Not. Working.
Buttercup is the reason I turned my focus to researching public vs charter vs private schools a while back. I want every option available to me to ensure her success. It’s now personal.
- VP candidate Paul Ryan raised cash in Cobb County yesterday. Is everyone alright? By my FB feed, I swear I thought a few of you were going to jump from an overpass because of traffic delays.
- Smyrna gun store offers gun raffle tickets to voters. Can everyone just chillax? Adventure Outdoors is actually where I bought my Glock 27. Good people. ’Murica.
- NRC approves plan to resolve Plant Vogtle rebar, concrete issues. I put rebar (and a .pdf explanation) on the radar back in June at the bottom of this post.
- Atlanta Beltline finance director resigns. For the second time in the last two months, a top official at Atlanta BeltLine Inc. has stepped down.
- Gov. Deal names new head of state driver services department.
- Kennesaw State University opens $21M science lab today. By 2018 Georgia will need to fill 211,000 science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM)-related jobs. FYI – this still doesn’t make KSU an engineering school. Leave Southern Poly out of it, Regents. We don’t want to be part of KSU thanks.
- Speaker Ralston, Speaker Pro-Tem Jones, Majority Leader Larry O’Neal, Rep Cheokas, et al met visited South Georgia Technical College
- Snellville woman arraigned in school supply scam. To offset their artificially low prices in the American market, Chinese manufacturers were ordered to pay import tariffs known as “anti-dumping duties” of between 76.7 and 258.2 percent.
- Synovus posts $16 million profit, says TARP repayment on the horizon
- Georgia agencies hosting job fair. Georgia has one of the highest numbers of veterans returning from service in Iraq and Afghanistan, many in need of help transitioning back to civilian life.
- Bernie Marcus endorses Mitt
- Romney erases Obama advantage among women. Romney’s pitch to women has been focused squarely on the economy, making the case that what women want most is to ensure their families and their country are on a solid financial footing. The poll shows that message appears to be taking root. You bet your sweet stilettos, Papa Bear.
- Conservatives are closing the gap with liberals in social media
- 7 Dumbest Quotes From CNN’s Women Voters Article. “Single women who are ovulating are more likely to be socially liberal.” ”When women are ovulating, they “feel sexier”, and therefore lean more toward liberal attitudes on abortion and marriage equality.” Ri.dic.u.lous.
- Video: Letterman explains what he cares about this election with Rachel Maddow
- Congressman’s son resigns after voter fraud video
- Apple’s new iPad ‘mini’ is bigger, pricier than projected
- Atlanta Megachurch turmoil: Megachurch shooting suspect was committed to mental facility and Cherokee man charged with molesting girl, 13, from Woodstock church.
- Man, 68, accused of touching young girls at White Water. What 68yo should have a season pass to a kid’s water park? And – he’s 68 – a mom needs to beat. his. @$$.
- Scott65, I don’t really have any funny posts this morning either :/ Maybe some tweets from The Funny Sexist?