Creative Loafing has Two New Editors

October 22, 2012 13:34 pm

by Ed · 15 comments

Creative Loafing the mouthpiece for Atlanta’s great liberal movement leading liberal rag in Atlanta has two new editors…and one of them is familiar to Peach Punditeers!

Thomas Wheatley is the News Editor. No word on of that means he will pop up less frequently in the comments section here.

Debbie Michaud is now the Editor-in-Chief.

“I am confident in the leadership Debbie and Thomas have proven in their time here at Creative Loafing,” Publisher Sharry Smith said in a memo announcing the promotions this morning. “The different perspectives they have on Atlanta, in culture and news, and the commitment Debbie and Thomas have given CL reflects what they have in store for the paper.”

T-Dub has a history of appearing at Roadshows so you can congratulate him on Friday, more than likely.

John Konop October 22, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Agree or not with Thomas he will be a great addition to the CL……………..

I Miss the 90s October 23, 2012 at 1:15 am

Liberal rag? Oh Yeah, I almost forgot…those of us that are educated enough to make upper class salaries tend.to be progressive. That is, we do not live in the past…like having a “foreign policy the 80s, a social policy from the 50s,.and an economic policy from the 20s.”

Harry October 23, 2012 at 1:56 am

What causes me to doubt you make an upper class salary except maybe by working for the federal government?

griftdrift October 23, 2012 at 9:36 am

This should be funny

thomaswheatley October 23, 2012 at 11:10 am

Yeah, I’m sticking around for this one!

Thanks for the kind words, Ed! I hope to make it to the get-together.

Ed October 23, 2012 at 10:10 am

Not sure if serious.

Calypso October 23, 2012 at 10:30 am

IMT9 misses some of the subtle stuff. Subtle. SUBTLE.

Ed October 23, 2012 at 10:42 am

*S*U*B*T*L*E* like a marching band.

Ed October 23, 2012 at 10:43 am

Also thanks for getting the avatar Ms. Cali, now I know which posts to skip.

‘ppreciate it.

Calypso October 23, 2012 at 11:17 am

You’re welcome. Even though it hurts my feelings and causes me to not sleep well at night, I know you don’t read my stuff, but thanks for humoring me anyhow.

Did I mention you hurt my feelings?

Calypso October 23, 2012 at 11:47 am

Ed, I think I figured out how to get you to read my posts.

SallyForth October 23, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Calypso, you stole Ed!! Charlie is going to have to break you two up, make you play nice.

Calypso October 23, 2012 at 4:33 pm

I was thinking about holding him for ransom, then I realized no one would pay me squat to release him.

Did you read O. Henry’s ‘The Ransom of Red Chief’?

SallyForth October 23, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Yep, I loved it. You’d have to pay somebody to take him off your hands, or maybe have him tracking you down for more fun?

I think we need to help you track down a fun boat avatar.

greencracker October 23, 2012 at 9:28 am

Does this mean Wheatley editorials? #yessss!

Comments on this entry are closed.